2020 Election

Old Dec 3rd 2019, 3:05 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by robin1234

It’s beyond embarrassment. I think at this point we’re punch-drunk. Dangerous, because we’ve still got an impeachment and an election to get through.
Bloody nightmare
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
DC, Don't let political dogma cloud your thinking. Trump was handed a thriving economy from Obama. I'm not taking sides just stating a fact. You and I know that Trump likes to claim credit for everything good and attempts to deny responsibility for anything that has gone wrong. And after Trump has trashed every person of color in the world it's highly unlikely they view Trump in a positive light. I expect a record turn out from African Americans, Hispanics and Asians in the 2020 presidential elections. More than likely they will be the deciding factor and it could be ironic that his ill bred habit of bigotry motivates the very people whos vote he will need.
What it might just come down to is, just how badly or well these minority communities are doing economically by next year. One can't deny the economy is doing 'well' under Trump, regardless of who deserves credit for it. Whether this good economy is helping these communities or not is an entirely different matter.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
I think Trump would be capable of doing a lot more if the hyenas yapping for his hide weren't doing their best to obstruct him. For example a fair and balanced deal with China, a lessening of tensions in eastern Europe and a long term solution to the mess which exists at the US-Mexican border. Just three so far.
He had two years of Republicans controlling every part of government, and all he did was pass a budget that gave permanent tax breaks to the rich and increase the deficit and national debt.

Your three things are bizarre. I bet you couldn't even say how the current situation with China is unbalanced. Tensions in Eastern Europe, hmm maybe buggering around with Ukraine isn't helping there. His only solution for the Mexican border is a wall and locking kids in cages - oh and calling drug runners terrorists as if that is going to magically solve the problem.

Why do you keep defending this idiot, and with the least thought-through excuses?
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 4:26 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
He had two years of Republicans controlling every part of government, and all he did was pass a budget that gave permanent tax breaks to the rich and increase the deficit and national debt.

Your three things are bizarre. I bet you couldn't even say how the current situation with China is unbalanced. Tensions in Eastern Europe, hmm maybe buggering around with Ukraine isn't helping there. His only solution for the Mexican border is a wall and locking kids in cages - oh and calling drug runners terrorists as if that is going to magically solve the problem.

Why do you keep defending this idiot, and with the least thought-through excuses?
I defend this "idiot" as you call him because the alternative to this idiot are even bigger idiots
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 4:38 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Trump insulting our western allies again today. Ronald Reagan must be rolling over in his grave.
Does he have a point in stating that the NATO countries must pay their fair share of defence costs? It seems cock eyed that 30 years after the cold war ended that US Forces are still the main bulwark of defence in Europe.

The wealthy countries of the EU need to step up to the plate and take over the bulk of the cost. I just have to wonder how much could be done for everyone in the US if the money that is being spent by the US to bolster Europe's defences could be otherwise used for civilian purposes here.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 4:44 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

But but but..... I thought that the ICBMs can protect us? Otherwise what was the point in sinking all that money into unproductive holes in the ground?

Oh and how much is the Ohio SSN replacement going to cost the taxpayer too?

My point is the US could comfortably cut it's defense budget in half as it is if it stopping paying for shiny useless things.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 4:54 pm
Banned

DC, Don't let political dogma cloud your thinking. Trump was handed a thriving economy from Obama. I'm not taking sides just stating a fact. You and I know that Trump likes to claim credit for everything good and attempts to deny responsibility for anything that has gone wrong. And after Trump has trashed every person of color in the world it's highly unlikely they view Trump in a positive light. I expect a record turn out from African Americans, Hispanics and Asians in the 2020 presidential elections. More than likely they will be the deciding factor and it could be ironic that his ill bred habit of bigotry motivates the very people whos vote he will need.
Beyond a doubt black and Hispanic Americans must have done better under Trump. The problem with Trump is that instead of reaching out to Hispanic voters with the intention of attracting them to the Republican party he has alienated them. Unlike most black voters who blindly vote for the Democrats in every election and still end up with nothing to show for their support Hispanics are still disposed to vote Republican if they believe it's the better alternative.... or let me say they once were. But that can be changed if the Republicans are smart enough to see that and what needs to be done.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 5:05 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by civilservant
But but but..... I thought that the ICBMs can protect us? Otherwise what was the point in sinking all that money into unproductive holes in the ground?

Oh and how much is the Ohio SSN replacement going to cost the taxpayer too?

My point is the US could comfortably cut it's defense budget in half as it is if it stopping paying for shiny useless things.
It's not just ICBMs. It's boots on the ground, jet fighters, tanks, nuclear subs, destroyers. All the necessary defences for a conventional war if Russia was to physically invade the rest of the Ukraine plus the Baltic countries.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 5:26 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

You kind of missed my point. It's the things we choose to care about.

Unilateral nuclear disarmament would free up a whole ton of money, The US let the genie out of the bottle, they should take the lead on putting it back in IMO.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 5:30 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

That's the end of Kamala. They're starting to drop like flies now. Not too soon either.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 5:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/03/polit...bid/index.html

She was a particularly nasty candidate to be fair.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 5:36 pm
Often not so civil...

Potential VP pick though. Biden/Harris.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 5:57 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of things. Now that Kamala has dropped out, it means the next debate is going to be very white, and that might change if Booker qualifies, but it's looking unlikely. It seems unfortunate to me though, particularly as one of those that has qualified is Steyer who has bought his way onto the stage. And now Bloomberg is outpolling Harris after spending millions in ads. I'm not a big fan of Harris, but the situation seems absurd.

I thought, Harris would do a lot better than she did, but her whole campaign has been a disaster, I don't know how much that has to do with hiring former Clinton staffers, but I don't think it's totally coincidental. But of course, these incompetent clowns will keep getting jobs.

I suspect Harris will throw her support behind Warren, and maybe it will lead to a VP pick if Warren gets the nomination.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 6:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought Booker also was running out of money?

Kamla was basically the Black identifying Hillary so can not see her tie up with Warren.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 6:09 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by civilservant
You kind of missed my point. It's the things we choose to care about.

Unilateral nuclear disarmament would free up a whole ton of money, The US let the genie out of the bottle, they should take the lead on putting it back in IMO.
Nice thought but it wont happen. Best scenario. Don't add to existing stockpiles or any further research into even deadlier missiles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.