2020 Election

Old Oct 24th 2019, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Can we assume Trump will apologize?
Old Oct 24th 2019, 1:07 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Can we assume Trump will apologize?
Originally Posted by Ingles
No, there are cases of Trump publicly apologising.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-innocent.html
Old Oct 24th 2019, 5:14 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

I see Tim Ryan has recognized the futility of his campaign and dropped out. It's about time a few more did this.
Old Oct 25th 2019, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234

No, there are cases of Trump publicly apologising.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-innocent.html
And there was me getting all excited over your comment , only to be utterly disappointed by "The Orange One" yet again !
Old Oct 25th 2019, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dc koop
Just shows that anyone can err when speaking in public then and I didn't know that the word lynching was now PIC either.
I agree , but Trump manages to do it every time he opens his mouth before his brain works !
His mouth & brain combination are a "gift that keeps giving"
There's not a day goes by when he doesn't come out with a "verbal duck up"

Case in Point :- https://dailysoundandfury.com/trump-...m_campaign=tti

Last edited by Ingles; Oct 25th 2019 at 10:18 am. Reason: added link
Old Oct 25th 2019, 11:54 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

The correct way for him to explain his earlier statement would be to produce a map of the southern US with the "projected penetration" of Mexican illegal immigrants drawn in with a sharpie to show that it does indeed encompass part of Colorado.
Old Oct 25th 2019, 6:19 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnwoo
Please try to keep up Sherlock.
"Sen. Elizabeth Warren apologized to a largely Native American audience for “harm I have caused” after years of occasionally identifying herself as Native American, as well as for releasing a DNA test last year that she said supported her ancestry claims. "

https://www.wsj.com/articles/elizabe...nk-11566241904
Her fawning and falsehoods only add to her lack of voter appeal. Instead of trying to identify herself with the indigenous population she should try to give an honest answer to the question of whether or not she will raise taxes on the middle class to pay for Med for All

Last edited by dc koop; Oct 25th 2019 at 6:39 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2019, 6:23 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

I agree , but Trump manages to do it every time he opens his mouth before his brain works !
His mouth & brain combination are a "gift that keeps giving"
There's not a day goes by when he doesn't come out with a "verbal duck up"

Case in Point :- https://dailysoundandfury.com/trump-...m_campaign=tti
Trump's mistake is using twitter to make remarks that other Presidents would have only shared with confidantes but on the other hand it is also working for him among his followers even if MSNBC and his opponents choose to interpret them to suit their own agendas.

Last edited by dc koop; Oct 25th 2019 at 6:37 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2019, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Trump's mistake is using twitter to make remarks that other Presidents would have only shared with confidantes but on the other hand it is also working for him among his followers even if MSNBC and his opponents choose to interpret them to suit their own agendas.
Well, I dunno, koop. I'm not sure it's a mistake. It's a part of the man's electioneering style, and it seems to me that it's been quite effective. As you say, it is working for him. I find it rather refreshing for someone holding a high office to speak directly to the masses instead of leaving communications to bland spokesmen.
Old Oct 25th 2019, 11:57 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It’s not a mistake at all. Conducting government by Twitter achieves two things: first, it bypasses the press and allows Trump to connect directly with his supporters without the filter of the press. Second, it means he can take control of the news cycle whenever he wishes. The television networks spend all day jumping on the latest Trump tweet outrage bandwagon while actual policy is quietly conducted in the background. Combined these two factors with his total lack of shame and the Trump White House ends up not being subjected to the same scrutiny as previous administrations.
Old Oct 26th 2019, 6:35 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Well, I dunno, koop. I'm not sure it's a mistake. It's a part of the man's electioneering style, and it seems to me that it's been quite effective. As you say, it is working for him. I find it rather refreshing for someone holding a high office to speak directly to the masses instead of leaving communications to bland spokesmen.
I agree but sometimes he should rein in some of it. Suggesting that some of the newspapers that criticize him should be closed down only plays up to said critics although I tend to believe that it's frustration and not serious as an idea or intention
Old Oct 26th 2019, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

I agree but sometimes he should rein in some of it. Suggesting that some of the newspapers that criticize him should be closed down only plays up to said critics although I tend to believe that it's frustration and not serious as an idea or intention
You really sure ???
Old Oct 26th 2019, 11:51 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You really sure ???
It’s a bit academic as it’s not going to happen. All politicians would wish to silence their critics if they could; most just have the good sense not to say so out loud.
Old Oct 26th 2019, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It’s a bit academic as it’s not going to happen. All politicians would wish to silence their critics if they could; most just have the good sense not to say so out loud.
Except Trump, he really has a short attention span don't you think ?
Old Oct 26th 2019, 11:58 am

Except Trump, he really has a short attention span don't you think ?
Perfectly attuned to the 24 hour news cycle and outrage culture. They’ll never admit it but he’s the monster they created.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.