2020 Election

Old Jul 17th 2019, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by Boiler
We seem to be covering this on 2 threads, comes from both directions, one of Kamala Harris's tropes.

Kamala Harris: Trump needs to go back where he came from

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...h-ebof-vpx.cnn
I don't know whose more of a whack job, AOC or Kamala Harris.
Old Jul 17th 2019, 10:51 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BenK91
Neither . They are both lucid individuals who speak well.

Originally Posted by johnwoo
Has anyone here been told to go back where they came from? I have a very few times.
Yes. Me. I have. Both here in NZ & in 1960's England.

Here in New Zealand it was because my husband took someone's job and we bought a house, thereby consigning someone to the unemployed scrap heap forever and inflating the price of the entire New Zealand housing stock. Load of old brollox of course but things have improved over the past 15 years.

1950's/60's England. Daughter of an Irish mother with an English father whose parents mixed with multi nationals , including Italians and Germans , simply because they worked in hotels. Silver service and chef. That consigned us as a family to the very depth of all that was considered low by those in no better or worse positions than we were really. Shunned . Looked on as possible thieves and tinkers who consorted with dubious foreigners & who had no right to be in the country at all anyway and should go back to where the peasants came from.

That's your Trump world right now. Right out there in the open. Gloves off. Say anything. Do anything. Stick it to all those deemed unworthy anyway you can. Pandora's box lid well and truly open.

I despair.
Old Jul 17th 2019, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Difficult one since the true answer is neither of them.
Old Jul 17th 2019, 11:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Never happened to me, certainly to my face anyway.

I also lean pretty far to the right so, probably helps...
Never happened to me in person either, probably because I've lived in two pretty liberal places. It's certainly happened online - multiple times.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 12:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Neither . They are both lucid individuals who speak well.
Kamala Harris is no whack job. Her questioning on the Senate judiciary committee was perhaps the most cogent of anybody's, along with Amy Klobuchar. Easy to see why she's a hate figure on the right.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Jul 18th 2019 at 12:03 am.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kimilseung
The troll knows how it's different, if s/he bothered to read his/her own article. I am unsure if s/he read the article or not.
Oh, he assuredly did.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Kamala Harris is no whack job. Her questioning on the Senate judiciary committee was perhaps the most cogent of anybody's, along with Amy Klobuchar. Easy to see why she's a hate figure on the right.
The right will hate, for the simple reason that she is a black female Democrat. Nothing else is needed to invite the hate.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Yes, she get's right under there skin, & as it's a woman who makes them feel extremly uncomfortable ,then it's classed as a "crime" by the old white men !
How dare she be so bold !
She should sit down & shut up !
But she won't & never will ,welcome to the 21st Century
Old Jul 18th 2019, 10:39 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
But he hasn't changed one single persons views. It's not like there are a bunch of people walking around saying 'well I was for immigration, but now that Trump says they are MS-13 I'm not'

The fact is that everyone on that side of the fence was on that side of the fence already, he's just saying it out loud and tacitly giving others permission to do the same. In some ways it's probably a good thing to get all the hate and vitriol of the right out into the open so that it can be swatted down again in time. It's not like it just went away, people just felt uncomfortable saying it loud but still thought it.

Wrong side of the House, and wrong party, but yes I agree otherwise

He doesn't have to change people's views. He only has to legitimize and empower such views and those who have them.

And on cue, here is the baying mob obeying their great leader's whistle. Alas, poor country.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...r-back/594253/

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Jul 18th 2019 at 12:09 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

I've had the comments about being the right sort of immigrant, I'm usually pushing buttons at this point to see if they truly have that view by telling them I stole someones job when I came over. There are more than a few down here as well that have clearly racist views. That said, it exists in the UK as well, but I think it's probably called out a bit more.
Last nights birth of a new crowd slogan pretty much sets the scene for the next 18 months or so I guess. I know this is slightly over exaggerating, but it's not a big leap from where they are to a good old fashioned lynching, in terms of what would need to happen to create the environment for it. I know the country has a spotted past in this respect, because of t's growth through immigration.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 1:05 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robtuck
I've had the comments about being the right sort of immigrant, I'm usually pushing buttons at this point to see if they truly have that view by telling them I stole someones job when I came over. There are more than a few down here as well that have clearly racist views. That said, it exists in the UK as well, but I think it's probably called out a bit more.
Last nights birth of a new crowd slogan pretty much sets the scene for the next 18 months or so I guess. I know this is slightly over exaggerating, but it's not a big leap from where they are to a good old fashioned lynching, in terms of what would need to happen to create the environment for it. I know the country has a spotted past in this respect, because of t's growth through immigration.
I've found that people don't think of me as an immigrant, they think of me as "British". In part I expect it's because we have a (more or less) shared first language. I have heard people express surprise that British people who are black speak with a British accent (as opposed to sounding like their idea of a Black American) - sad but true.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
She needs to walk away. Frankly, I think she would get bludgeoned in the primary anyway. She had her 2 chances, Clinton fatigue has set in.
She deserves a lot of the blame for Trump being elected. She was unlikable , and only got the nomination due to the power and influence the Clintons wielded in the Democrat party. Hillary's obsession with going down in the history books as the first female candidate caused serious damage to the party.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 1:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I've found that people don't think of me as an immigrant, they think of me as "British". In part I expect it's because we have a (more or less) shared first language. I have heard people express surprise that British people who are black speak with a British accent (as opposed to sounding like their idea of a Black American) - sad but true.
Seems me old mum was right when she told me I can’t possibly be an immigrant, as I am British.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Seems me old mum was right when she told me I can’t possibly be an immigrant, as I am British.
Yes, for us it's just "living abroad".
Old Jul 18th 2019, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnwoo
Has anyone here been told to go back where they came from?
Happened to me in Tonyrefail in the Rhondda.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.