2020 Election

Old Jul 11th 2019, 6:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

To use your debating tactic, you don't take AOC to her word that Pelosi is "absolutely not" a racist?

Not sure what this has to do with a thread on 2020 anyway. Neither person is running for election as president.

I think we should run a poll to see what the next race-based post is from Boiler.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Jul 11th 2019 at 6:58 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2019, 6:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
To use your debating tactic, you don't take AOC to her word that Pelosi is "absolutely not" a racist?
Presumably she was reminded where the supremacy in the Party resides. Difficult for her to answer otherwise without raising a major storm.
Old Jul 11th 2019, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

jukin is an unknown quantity at this point

Been in the USA since 2004 - from UK, married a US citizen. I have not applied for citizenship and I'm glad of that now. I am so sickened by how this country has changed over the last two years that I've told my wife that if he gets back in, in 2020, I'm gone. I will be headed to Ecuador as it is affordable and has free health care - something my old ass will be grateful for. I'd love her to come with me but the choice is hers and I'll respect whichever way she chooses. I don't think I've ever hated a group of people so much as that mob in the Reichstag. America is far more poisonous than I ever expected - seeing the number of evangelicals that love Trump makes it clear to me that satan has moved into delegating in a big way. And now, today, I read that the Jewish wife of a billionaire wants a book of Trump to be added to the bible. This place is too ******* crazy for me. If crazy still rules after November 2020 then I'm gone. Could not live in this country any longer.

Last edited by jukin; Jul 11th 2019 at 10:36 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2019, 12:34 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jukin
Could not live in this country any longer.
Other options are stay and add your voice to the opposition, (lots of the celebrities who said they'd leave if Trump got in had second thoughts and elected to try to become part of the solution), or go to Canada, thus affording your OH the opportunity for easy visits home. I used to enjoy travelling down to the states but now it seems the toxic environment begins at the border so renewing my passport was a waste of money.
Oh, and welcome to the forum.
Old Jul 12th 2019, 1:34 am
Account Closed

Canada has elections in October.
Old Jul 12th 2019, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jukin
If crazy still rules after November 2020 then I'm gone. Could not live in this country any longer.
Could be worse, crooked Hillary could've been at the helm..
Old Jul 12th 2019, 4:37 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BenK91
Could be worse, crooked Hillary could've been at the helm..
Not a big fan of alternative history but can envisage another war in the Gulf.
Old Jul 13th 2019, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

DOVER, N.H. — Protesters disrupted Joe Biden‘s first campaign event Friday at the start of his weekend swing through New Hampshire.

Frustrated by immigration policy under the Obama administration, a dozen activists led by national immigration group Movimiento Cosecha derailed Biden’s post-speech meet-and-greet with chants and signs, and called on Biden to apologize for mass deportations that occurred during his time as Barack Obama’s vice president.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...pshire-1415644

This one I can see as much more difficult for Biden to defend. This could be the final nail in his campaign.
Old Jul 13th 2019, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Meanwhile Democratic polls are showing Biden well ahead:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...atic/national/

Will be interesting to see how quickly the "also rans" drop out. Really, there are probably only five (maybe four) people in with chance of the nomination.
Old Jul 13th 2019, 4:37 pm
Account Closed

Will be interesting to see how quickly the "also rans" drop out. Really, there are probably only five (maybe four) people in with chance of the nomination.
It is early days and first you need to win the nomination. I am not sure there are any polls that accurately track that.

How long candidates stay in may not be relevant to their polling, there are a variety of reasons someone would enter. I think so far one out and one in so the numbers are the same.

Old Jul 13th 2019, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Boiler
It is early days and first you need to win the nomination. I am not sure there are any polls that accurately track that.
Those were polls for the Democratic nomination.

How long candidates stay in may not be relevant to their polling, there are a variety of reasons someone would enter. I think so far one out and one in so the numbers are the same.
Of course. Fund raising being one. The Democratic Party quite cynically made that part of the debate entry criteria. Not sure there are any "vanity" candidates in there, expect maybe Williamson but I do expect a bunch of withdrawals after the next debate.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Jul 13th 2019 at 4:52 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2019, 5:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think anyone not in (Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris) has a hope?
I'm encouraged to see Sanders not leading. My g/f still says she would sit out the election if Biden stands, which is disheartening ... she's really opposed to Biden for some reason! I could go for Warren if needed; she has the sincerity and policy wonk features to go with the job. I guess I would prefer Harris, Warren, Biden, Sanders at this point.
Old Jul 13th 2019, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Do you think anyone not in (Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris) has a hope?
I'm encouraged to see Sanders not leading. My g/f still says she would sit out the election if Biden stands, which is disheartening ... she's really opposed to Biden for some reason! I could go for Warren if needed; she has the sincerity and policy wonk features to go with the job. I guess I would prefer Harris, Warren, Biden, Sanders at this point.
I give Buttigieg a very small chance. The rest, none at all. Disappointed to see Klobuchar getting nowhere.

I'm undecided at this point but naturally will vote for any Democratic candidate given the opponent.
Old Jul 13th 2019, 5:36 pm
Account Closed

Something I had not been aware I has assumed Warren and Sanders were going for the same sort of demographics, but it seems there is not much commonality, so assuming if one drops out their supporters will move to the other is not a given.

Warren did publish her Immigration Policy but difficult to work out the logic. She will increase the number of Refugees to I think 250,000 but no limit on asylum seekers. The difference is one of location so once the limit for Refugees is reached would they not just seek asylum?
Old Jul 13th 2019, 5:48 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Something I had not been aware I has assumed Warren and Sanders were going for the same sort of demographics, but it seems there is not much commonality, so assuming if one drops out their supporters will move to the other is not a given.

Warren did publish her Immigration Policy but difficult to work out the logic. She will increase the number of Refugees to I think 250,000 but no limit on asylum seekers. The difference is one of location so once the limit for Refugees is reached would they not just seek asylum?
I have not read her policy, but from what you have written, I assume refugee in context is organized from outside of the US. Asylum is from within the US

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.