2020 Election

Old Jul 8th 2019, 1:52 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

I wasn't debating the value of the above proposals, I was trying to make a point about the extremely blatant vote-buying proposals that always fly around during primary season.

Regardless, I'm resistant to being dragged into a discussion where I'll never convince anyone that they are incorrect and no one will ever convince me that my opinions are incorrect.
Old Jul 8th 2019, 1:53 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
I wasn't debating the value of the above proposals, I was trying to make a point about the extremely blatant vote-buying proposals that always fly around during primary season.

Regardless, I'm resistant to being dragged into a discussion where I'll never convince anyone that they are incorrect and no one will ever convince me that my opinions are incorrect.
Are you ever on the wrong forum
Old Jul 8th 2019, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Are you ever on the wrong forum
Maybe Hiro has an opinion on Portland?? Oh wait...
Old Jul 8th 2019, 3:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Not that I agree with the policy anyway, but is there really much difference conceptually between the "free tuition" proposal and promising tax cuts that balloon the deficit, as Trump did in 2016?
Old Jul 8th 2019, 3:52 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Black voters vote Democratic? $25K free for black voters!
Young people vote Democratic? Free college for everyone!

Primary politics, love this stuff.
In the UK I had six years free tertiary education.(4 UK, 2 EU funded) Five of which had free maintenance grant.
​​​​​​I can only wish this on to contemporary youth.
​​​​​​
​​​​​
Old Jul 8th 2019, 4:02 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
I honestly have near heard of the ‘one drop rule’ before, but a black person is a black person, and Harris is clearly black. It’s not like the racists in this country stop to do a genealogy test before spewing their bile.
It is a bit bizzare, I am seeing posts that she can't be black or have slavery in her background because she came from the Carribean. How ignorant are some Americans about their own back yard?

Last edited by kimilseung; Jul 8th 2019 at 4:50 pm. Reason: Add example image
Old Jul 8th 2019, 4:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

She certainly has slavery in her background.
Old Jul 8th 2019, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Boiler
She certainly has slavery in her background.
Trolling.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ka...cestor-slaves/
Old Jul 8th 2019, 4:38 pm
Account Closed

“My roots go back, within my lifetime, to my paternal grandmother Miss Chrishy (née Christiana Brown, descendant of Hamilton Brown who is on record as plantation and slave owner and founder of Brown’s Town) and to my maternal grandmother Miss Iris (née Iris Finegan, farmer and educator, from Aenon Town and Inverness, ancestry unknown to me). The Harris name comes from my paternal grandfather Joseph Alexander Harris, land-owner and agricultural ‘produce’ exporter (mostly pimento or all-spice), who died in 1939 one year after I was born and is buried in the church yard of the magnificent Anglican Church which Hamilton Brown built in Brown’s Town (and where, as a child, I learned the catechism, was baptized and confirmed, and served as an acolyte).”

So we are not to believe her Father? About his own ancestry? Even Snopes say that they can not prove him wrong.
Old Jul 8th 2019, 4:38 pm
He/him

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Such family anecdotes often prove accurate on the ocassions that DNA has been used. Rape was far from uncommon among slave holders
Old Jul 8th 2019, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Such family anecdotes often prove accurate on the ocassions that DNA has been used. Rape was far from uncommon among slave holders
Agreed. The "Rape" possibility is something that Boiler hasn't mentioned as he'd rather push the idea that she's merely descended from a slave owner. That's why it's trolling - almost certainly Harris's heritage is complicated. And, of course, it's unproven anyway. Essentially this is a pretty transparent attempt to denigrate Harris' "blackness".

Last edited by Giantaxe; Jul 8th 2019 at 4:53 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2019, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Boiler
So we are not to believe her Father? About his own ancestry? Even Snopes say that they can not prove him wrong.
Snopes says that they've found no evidence to prove he's right and that despite reaching out to him there's been no response.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Jul 8th 2019 at 4:50 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2019, 5:04 pm
He/him

Agreed. The "Rape" possibility is something that Boiler hasn't mentioned as he'd rather push the idea that she's merely descended from a slave owner. That's why it's trolling - almost certainly Harris's heritage is complicated. And, of course, it's unproven anyway. Essentially this is a pretty transparent attempt to denigrate Harris' "blackness".
Yes I agree concerning his motivation, I just dont think the story he thinks he is telling, is the story he is actually telling. We are well beyond thinking of Hemmings and Jefferson as a love story.
Old Jul 8th 2019, 5:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Yes I agree concerning his motivation, I just dont think the story he thinks he is telling, is the story he is actually telling. We are well beyond thinking of Hemmings and Jefferson as a love story.
Indeed. Boiler is a consummate troll so this kind of story is perfect for him.
Old Jul 8th 2019, 5:42 pm
Account Closed

Snopes says that they've found no evidence to prove he's right and that despite reaching out to him there's been no response.
Perhaps he does not want to play that game, it is his personal business. He is not a public figure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.