2020 Election

Old Feb 28th 2019, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
The judge in this case was appointed in 2014 by President Obama.

Immaterial - The question is ,why place all these restrictions in the first place !
Traditionally are not ALL avenues off making a Legal Case normally open to argument
Any body got any answers ?
Old Mar 8th 2019, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - my respect and appreciation for Sanders just rose significantly!

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/07/bernie-sanders-pro-omar-2020-1212356

The Vermont senator, the only Jewish candidate in the Democratic primary, embraced the African-American, Muslim congresswoman and called out House Democrats for “stifling” debate about Israel while also warning against equating “anti-Semitism with legitimate criticism of the right-wing, Netanyahu government in Israel.”
Old Mar 11th 2019, 2:23 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Wow - my respect and appreciation for Sanders just rose significantly!

[url=https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/07/bernie-sanders-pro-omar-2020-1212356]https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/07/bernie-sanders-pro-omar-2020-1212356
IMO ---- the way that everybody has piled onto Ms. Omar goes a long way to proving her point. Any criticism of Israel, or its staunch supporters, is verboten. Don't step out of line, girlie.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 3:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are all products of our culture, and in general we remain so with minor deviations. I do remember somebody from my School Year who became a Roman Catholic Priest, that came out of the blue.

Anyway I assume that people will generally stay within their belief system, and my observation is that most do.

Old Mar 11th 2019, 3:55 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
IMO ---- the way that everybody has piled onto Ms. Omar goes a long way to proving her point. Any criticism of Israel, or its staunch supporters, is verboten. Don't step out of line, girlie.
You can criticise the Netanyahu government without repeatedly deploying age old anti-Semitic tropes.

The Left’s utter obsession with Israel to the exclusion of all others is rather telling. We’re told that Israel is committing ‘genocide’ against the Palestinians when their population growth is one of the highest in the world. Meanwhile where there is actual genocide/ethnic cleansing being perpetrated by state actors - Burma, Darfur, Western Sahara to name but a few - there is barely a whimper.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 4:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You can criticise the Netanyahu government without repeatedly deploying age old anti-Semitic tropes.

The Left’s utter obsession with Israel to the exclusion of all others is rather telling. We’re told that Israel is committing ‘genocide’ against the Palestinians when their population growth is one of the highest in the world. Meanwhile where there is actual genocide/ethnic cleansing being perpetrated by state actors - Burma, Darfur, Western Sahara to name but a few - there is barely a whimper.
We could just keep it to the Middle East and ask which States are considered 'better'.

I agree the issue has nothing to do with Israel, well as much as people against Taoism can put it on China.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 5:17 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Couldn't agree more. She's almost as clumsy as Kevin McCarthy and Donald Trump when it comes to making insensitive remarks that may telegraph the wrong sentiment. She's not quite as bad as David Duke though but perhaps you disagree.

The left is obsessed with Israel? Good to know. You're very knowledgeable about all of these "left obsessions".

Maybe we need a definition of 'obsessed' or perhaps even a definition of 'left'.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 5:22 pm
Account Closed

Couldn't agree more. She's almost as clumsy as Kevin McCarthy and Donald Trump when it comes to making insensitive remarks that may telegraph the wrong sentiment. She's not quite as bad as David Duke though but perhaps you disagree.

The left is obsessed with Israel? Good to know. You're very knowledgeable about all of these "left obsessions".

Maybe we need a definition of 'obsessed' or perhaps even a definition of 'left'.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/israel
Old Mar 11th 2019, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
This is from the "link" you supplied
http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...l-its-citizens
Yes I can see why the "left & liberals" would get utterly p-ssed off over this, but to call it a obsession is his usual BS .
Whereas the "right" would be cheering him on.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 6:11 pm
WTF?

Was there any particular article that you are directing us toward? Or should we read every single article and try to figure out WTF it is that you're trying to say?

Here, watch me:

There is absolutely nothing anti-Semitic about calling out the noxious role of AIPAC (the American Israel Public Affairs Committee), which spends millions each year to buy U.S. political support for Israeli aggression and militarism against the Palestinian people. As the NYC chapter of Jewish Voice for Peace summed up: “Accurately describing how the Israel lobby works in this country is not anti-Semitic. The never-ending smear campaign against Ilhan Omar is racism and Islamophobia in action.”We Stand with Ilhan
Old Mar 11th 2019, 6:18 pm
Account Closed

I was just answering the question and I thought the Graun would be considered left, lots of other media sources I could have used to make the same point. The overt focus on one of the less nasty countries in the area does raise questions.

As has been pointed out in other threads if she had just had a go at Israel it would have been sort of meeh, I would have expected it and would have not been surprised about her lack of comments on the other regimes in the area, however what she did and others have done is very different.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 6:24 pm
WTF?

Okay, whatever. On to the actual topic of the thread which is the 2020 election. Kirsten Gillibrand has proven (again) what an absolute hypocrite she is with regard to sexual harassment.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ssment-1214831

Oh, and the New York faction hasn't endorsed her, and she's having trouble raising money. Sad. Not sad.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 6:36 pm
Account Closed

Okay, whatever. On to the actual topic of the thread which is the 2020 election. Kirsten Gillibrand has proven (again) what an absolute hypocrite she is with regard to sexual harassment.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ssment-1214831

Oh, and the New York faction hasn't endorsed her, and she's having trouble raising money. Sad. Not sad.
To be fair she is not alone, they had Jay Inslee on CNN yesterday and the interviewer asked him if a CiSgender white male should be standing. Not sure if other candidates have been asked similar questions.

Anyway the interesting bit was he went on about his support for the GND etc etc and she mentioned the increase in CO2 emissions in his State since he was elected.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 6:55 pm
WTF?

To be fair she is not alone, they had Jay Inslee on CNN yesterday and the interviewer asked him if a CiSgender white male should be standing. Not sure if other candidates have been asked similar questions.

Anyway the interesting bit was he went on about his support for the GND etc etc and she mentioned the increase in CO2 emissions in his State since he was elected.
I think all of the white male candidates have had that same question asked of them. I don't like it. I don't think that's the right way of looking at things, but I'm not a Democrat so I don't worry about what the "party" is doing. Still, him being asked that question is not equivocal to work place sexual harassment.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 6:58 pm
Account Closed

I think all of the white male candidates have had that same question asked of them. I don't like it. I don't think that's the right way of looking at things, but I'm not a Democrat so I don't worry about what the "party" is doing. Still, him being asked that question is not equivocal to work place sexual harassment.
Well I agree not the same, was more about the general Hypocrisy.

I have a feeling that it will be difficult to find a candidate who can survive the blinding light, now some I do not know, but the names I do all seem to have issues.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.