2016 Election

Old Nov 11th 2016, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Mr Trump will have his work cut out for himself if he tries to follow through on his unconstitutional promises against various groups. Bring it on Mr Trump!

https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/f...?itok=Brabuy4E
Old Nov 11th 2016, 7:00 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
Better to read the Constitution where the legal power resides.

Article II, Section 2 of the United States Constitution which states that the President "shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment." The U.S. Supreme Court has interpreted this language to include the power to grant pardons, conditional pardons, commutations of sentence, conditional commutations of sentence, remissions of fines and forfeitures, respites, and amnesties.
thanks - that is interesting and answers your own question very nicely
Old Nov 11th 2016, 2:33 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies if this Matt Taibbi article from Rolling Stone has been posted before -- I haven't the energy to trawl through all the pages since Tuesday in order to check! I think his thoughts are very accurate -- and especially when he describes Giuliani as unhinged. A sample:

"Shunned during election season by many in his own party, President-elect Trump's closest advisers are a collection of crackpots and dilettantes who will make Bush's cabinet look like the Nobel committee. The head of his EPA transition team, Myron Ebell, is a noted climate-change denier. Pyramid enthusiast and stabbing expert Ben Carson is already being mentioned as a possible Health and Human Services chief. Rudy Giuliani, probably too unhinged by now for even a People's Court reboot, might be attorney general. God only knows who might end up being Supreme Court nominees; we can only hope they turn out to be lawyers, or at least people who played lawyers onscreen. And sitting behind this fun-house nightmare of executive-branch worthies (which Politico speculates will be one of the more "eclectic" cabinets ever) will be a rubber-stamping all-Republican legislature that will attract the loving admiration of tinhorn despots from Minsk to Beijing."

President Trump: How America Got It So Wrong - Rolling Stone
Old Nov 11th 2016, 2:36 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

This is a good step in the right direction for Democrats.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-dnc-chairman/
Old Nov 11th 2016, 2:39 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof

Agreed. The DNC need to rebuild the party and this is how to do it.

Maybe Bernie has lit the fire under them that they needed.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
And waste everyone's time, just as all these stories about Clinton. I wish the discussion would be about policies and what is best for the country. I am unsure when it will be realized by those who are against Trump people want change. Whether Sanders or Trump, they both represented change. I think except for extreme partisans, people are sick and tired of all this mud-slinging.

I could see Sanders and Trump fighting establishment republicans on infrastructure programs. ( "could" though I doubt it).
Agreed. The last several pages have been a silly discussion about how to somehow reverse the result of the election...carried on by those who will never reconcile themselves to the fact that the people wanted change from the current establishment, which so many felt were leading the country in the wrong direction.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 3:15 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius
the people wanted change from the current establishment, which so many felt were leading the country in the wrong direction.
Well, that would explain why Trump received fewer votes than Mitt Romney (**cough cough**).

I should also remind you that Trump also received fewer votes than Hillary Clinton.

Last edited by RoadWarriorFromLP; Nov 11th 2016 at 3:18 pm.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
Well, that would explain why Trump received fewer votes than Mitt Romney (**cough cough**).
Maybe we can agree on something, I saw the 'people' argument all the time. Both sides do it.

Obviously the majority of the people do not support any candidate and if they have in a UK or US environment I do not recollect when that was.

But I am sure if Hillary had won the people would have spoken.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 3:20 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Maybe we can agree on something, I saw the 'people' argument all the time. Both sides do it.

Obviously the majority of the people do not support any candidate and if they have in a UK or US environment I do not recollect when that was.

But I am sure if Hillary had won the people would have spoken.
You actually posted words instead of a JPG file. Are you feeling OK?
Old Nov 11th 2016, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
You actually posted words instead of a JPG file. Are you feeling OK?
Sorry
Old Nov 11th 2016, 3:30 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I want it to be Al Franken. As a matter of fact, I want Al Franken to do all of the jobs, forever, in the Democratic party.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Trumps comparatively subduedness since he won is oddly uncomfortable. Got to wonder if someone handed him a packet and said "This will be made public if you don't keep in line with us."
Old Nov 11th 2016, 3:37 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
Trumps comparatively subduedness since he won is oddly uncomfortable. Got to wonder if someone handed him a packet and said "This will be made public if you don't keep in line with us."
The fact stocks have gone up suggests that Wall St has got the message that "Don't worry, Trump will on Wall St's side."
Old Nov 11th 2016, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Ebonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond repute

The fact stocks have gone up suggests that Wall St has got the message that "Don't worry, Trump will on Wall St's side."
I think it's more to do with the anticipation of higher profits for corporations due to Trump's tax cut plan, increased potential pharmaceutical revenues due to his repeal of the ACA, as well as increased revenues from energy infrastructure construction projects.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 4:22 pm
I love my brick!

Jamie Dimon for Treasury Secretary. Yeah baby, drain that swamp!

Donald Trump advisors considered JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon for treasury secretary: Sources

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.