2016 Election

Old Nov 8th 2016, 1:33 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Also if you are eligible to vote please do so. I'm with her!
Already did. At 6:45 this morning

I was with her too.

Originally Posted by Leslie
I will miss the Obamas.
Absolutely. For all the mud that was slung at him, for all the obstruction that he faced, that he was able to get anything done at all is a testament to how good a President he was.

It'll probably (sadly) be a while before we see a President that carries themselves with the same level of class he has done as well, unless Bernie wins by some weird landslide of write-ins.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 1:47 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 8th 2016, 1:48 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I look at that and think the message is that all politicians should be shot into space.

I approve of that message.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 1:50 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by zargof
I look at that and think the message is that all politicians should be shot into space.

I approve of that message.
I mean, it's a win win either way, right?
Old Nov 8th 2016, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
Kasich seems a nice man and probably fairly honest compared to the two candidates we ended up with. But he is clueless in understanding why so many people in Ohio are voting for Trump- people are hurting and fed up with the status quo in Washington.
The sad thing is that Trump wouldn't change anything. He has no sway over anyone other than people dumb enough to believe what he says. His entire shtick is to be very confident about everything he says, no matter how nonsensical or false, then change the terms at the last second and hope to make a profit (which doesn't always work, but he still calls it a success regardless).
Old Nov 8th 2016, 2:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Ew Yuk - Monday morning - little change in the presidential race (66%) but the Senate race is now showing as 49.9%, down from 57% last night.
Tuesday morning - 538 has Clinton at 72%, and 538 is conservative, so I'm going to relax on that one!

But 538 is showing only 50% chance of senate turning Dem. Key States are:
Nevada - 60 / 40, dem / rep
New Hampshire 52 / 48, dem / rep or 48 / 52, different model)
Indiana - 31 / 69, dem / rep
Missouri - 43 / 57, dem / rep
If New Hampshire goes Rep, then no control of Senate.

However, HuffPo is showing the above four states as:
Nevada - 43 / 42, dem / rep
New Hampshire 48 / 47, dem / rep
Indiana - 46 / 44, dem / rep
Missouri - 44 / 45, dem / rep

So if HuffPo is right, Senate goes dem.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 3:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I wore my union jack t shirt to vote (the wife put on a pant suit).
Attached Thumbnails 2016 Election-img_20161108_094651432.jpg  
Old Nov 8th 2016, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Trump's Political Advisers Wanted to Vet Him. He Said No. | Mother Jones

Trump didn't want them digging into his past? I wonder why.

Also news reports say he was loudly booed when he went to vote, he's going to lose his home state.

Last edited by sir_eccles; Nov 8th 2016 at 4:25 pm.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 4:24 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
I will miss the Obamas. One of my staff is 21 years old. She doesn't really remember having any other president. I'm glad for her to have grown up in an Obama America and the example they set.
Me too, they've shown so much class while so much crap was thrown at them -- kind of like the Jackie and Rachel Robinson of politics. I was thinking of the Obamas' legacy as I drove home from the polls. A young mixed-race African-American man is making his first run for State Representative here -- he stopped by the house to introduce himself (the first time a local pol has ever done that -- we're hard to find) and I was immediately impressed by him and read up on his platform and life story. What I was thinking of today is that because of Barack Obama, a young person of color no longer needs to have lowered expectations as to what kind of future they might have as a politician -- anything is now possible for the right person.

On a different note -- the polls were jammed. I went at what is usually an off time, and have never seen so many people voting.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 5:19 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Why more people do not use the absentee voter system is beyond me. This should be the voting system of the future instead of lining up outside booths and people pestering you to find out who you intend to vote for
Come to the progressive State of Oregon. We only have vote by mail since the measure passed in 1998.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 5:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I do not think postal votes should be allowed at all, to open to fraud.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 5:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

For those who vote in person. Do you go in person because your state doesn't offer mail in ballots or is there some sort of fun in going in person and waiting in line?

Just curious. I've never voted in person as my state has (as long as I have been able to vote anyhow) always offered a mail in option so I have always taken advantage of that, easier and quicker and you don't have to fuss with time off from work.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
The sad thing is that Trump wouldn't change anything. He has no sway over anyone other than people dumb enough to believe what he says. His entire shtick is to be very confident about everything he says, no matter how nonsensical or false, then change the terms at the last second and hope to make a profit (which doesn't always work, but he still calls it a success regardless).
I think saying Trump supporters are dumb enough to believe what he says misses the point. My impression is that many who are voting for Trump don't necessarily believe what he says but simply cant accept the status quo any more, or simply voting for his attitude. I have seen a few things that he says the media and Clinton supporters get up all in arms about, and people who who support Trump just laugh and dont take seriously.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 5:27 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
For those who vote in person. Do you do so due to your state not offering mail in ballots?

Just curious. I've never voted in person as my state has (as long as I have been able to vote anyhow) always offered a mail in option so I have always taken advantage of that, easier and quicker and you don't have to fuss with time off from work.
Putting my ballot into the machine myself seems far safer than trusting the US mail and whoever opens the envelopes.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 5:32 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Putting my ballot into the machine myself seems far safer than trusting the US mail and whoever opens the envelopes.
Same here. I'm sure Illinois allows mail in votes and that but I live 5 minutes from my polling place, I could walk there in 20, and even at 6:30 this morning I only had to wait in line for 10 minutes, so it's easy enough just to go in person.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.