2016 Election

Old Oct 24th 2016, 11:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by Boiler
What you would not want is either of them also ending up with Congress.
I'd like a Congress that actually knows what its job is beyond blocking SCOTUS appointments and the like.
Old Oct 24th 2016, 11:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

That would be nice, but we live in a different world.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 12:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Right, and that's fine, I agree, she's still the least worst option.

It's kind of worrying that I see a lot of "that's just how politics works" attitude from the media, and that's the problem. There shouldn't be such a cozy relationship between the press and politicians. The job of the media is supposed to be to speak truth to power, but that's been lost.
Any ideas what CNN will cover after the election ? The non-stop 24 hour discussion about Trump ( ok maybe 20 hours per day) - what will replace that ?
Old Oct 25th 2016, 12:38 am
Account Closed

Well BLM is seasonal

Plane crash?

Perhaps they will go through the emails?
Old Oct 25th 2016, 12:49 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
I think the issue of attention span may depend on part of country one is in. Not saying people in my area have longer attention spans, but the main reasons they are voting for Trump ( in the countryside) or Clinton ( in the cities) I doubt would be affected one way or another by any of the issues the media covers whether FOX or MSNBC. The Trump voters here either just anti-Clinton, or consider a Clinton victory just the status quo, which isn't good around here for the poor or working class. The Clinton voters either just anti-Trump or approve the programs she promises.

I do hear some evangelicals having second thoughts due to Trump's comments on the tapes about women, and on other hand Catholics having second thoughts about Podesta's comments. I hear a lot more people talking about the election, but it appears there is so much back and forth about who said this or did that, that most voters just tuning out such issues.

My son in North Carolina and reports the same sort of situation, but that Clinton will probably easily win North Carolina.
My remarks about the attention span of the voters were in reference to how deeply they are willing to delve into the minutia of the wikileaks email drops. This was also specific to my remarks about how the news is covering the emails.

In a more general sense, I don't think voter apathy/ignorance is overly different in any region or group.

Actually, I find people to be much more informed this year than many previous elections.

Last edited by Leslie; Oct 25th 2016 at 12:56 am.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 12:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Any ideas what CNN will cover after the election ? The non-stop 24 hour discussion about Trump ( ok maybe 20 hours per day) - what will replace that ?
Originally Posted by Boiler
Well BLM is seasonal

Plane crash?

Perhaps they will go through the emails?
Wolf Blitzer is still looking for MH370 isn't he?
Old Oct 25th 2016, 1:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

There's always some non-breaking "breaking news" to report on. On the other side, Fox News must be praying that Clinton wins so they can spend the next four years droning on about Benghazi and Clinton's emails.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Concern Grows Over Soros-Linked Voting Machines | LifeZette
By hook or by crook, eh? The chance that the election will be decided by pre-hacked electronic voting machines is very high, from all I read. In early voting, votes intended for Republican candidates are showing up as votes for their Democratic opponents. I'm sure all fanatical Democrats will think this is a fun thing to do - but it really doesn't bode well for trust between Trump and Hillary partisans over the course of the next four years. Have the cheaters (and those who support them here on the BE forums) not thought about that, or don't they care?
Old Oct 25th 2016, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Philk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
By hook or by crook, eh? The chance that the election will be decided by pre-hacked electronic voting machines is very high, from all I read. In early voting, votes intended for Republican candidates are showing up as votes for their Democratic opponents. I'm sure all fanatical Democrats will think this is a fun thing to do - but it really doesn't bode well for trust between Trump and Hillary partisans over the course of the next four years. Have the cheaters (and those who support them here on the BE forums) not thought about that, or don't they care?
oh FFS todays installment of crap
Old Oct 25th 2016, 2:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

More right wing crap. Oh..and early voting by mail involves paper ballots...not voting machines.

Lifezette was started by this arch conservative...she is pretty far from unbiased

"Laura Anne Ingraham is an American radio talk show host, best-selling author, and conservative political commentator.[1] Her nationally syndicated talk show, The Laura Ingraham Show, airs throughout the United States on Courtside Entertainment. Ingraham is also the official guest host for Fox News Channel's The O'Reilly Factor."

Last edited by dakota44; Oct 25th 2016 at 3:08 am.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 3:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dakota44
More right wing crap. Oh..and early voting by mail involves paper ballots...not voting machines.
It varies by state. Here in AZ I think there are both early mail in ballots and a limited number of actual polling stations you can walk in. That said the ballot is a paper you mark with a sharpie completing the arrows next to the candidate, that is then scanned in.

Worth reminding the Gordons of this world (who perhaps don't live here and don't know how it works) that voting is a state issue run by the states at a local level using a rather wide variety of different polling ballot styles, machines, counting methods etc etc. Sometimes even differences down to the county level. Here in Maricopa county the election is run by the county recorder an elected position currently held by a Republican. Worth noting that a large number (probably a significant majority) of the people running the election across the country are Republicans.

Last edited by sir_eccles; Oct 25th 2016 at 3:08 am.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 3:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
There's always some non-breaking "breaking news" to report on. On the other side, Fox News must be praying that Clinton wins so they can spend the next four years droning on about Benghazi and Clinton's emails.
Had not thought about that, Fox are likely to win if Hillary is elected, there is likely to be no shortage of things to annoy their watchers.

And otherwise for CNN.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 3:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
It varies by state. Here in AZ I think there are both early mail in ballots and a limited number of actual polling stations you can walk in. That said the ballot is a paper you mark with a sharpie completing the arrows next to the candidate, that is then scanned in.

Worth reminding the Gordons of this world (who perhaps don't live here and don't know how it works) that voting is a state issue run by the states at a local level using a rather wide variety of different polling ballot styles, machines, counting methods etc etc. Sometimes even differences down to the county level. Here in Maricopa county the election is run by the county recorder an elected position currently held by a Republican. Worth noting that a large number (probably a significant majority) of the people running the election across the country are Republicans.
Yes...that lack of one centralized voting system is what makes rigging elections very difficult. The case for voter suppression is much stronger than for voter fraud.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 3:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure all fanatical Democrats will think this is a fun thing to do - but it really doesn't bode well for trust between Trump and Hillary partisans over the course of the next four years. Have the cheaters (and those who support them here on the BE forums) not thought about that, or don't they care?
Or they are capable of making their own judgments based on who posted this on this thread, and on who Laura Ingraham is.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Oct 25th 2016 at 3:46 am.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 6:57 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but this post is complete nonsense.

In New York, the ballot is completed by sharpie or similar, filling in a little round space by your chosen candidate, then fed through a machine in the presence of the voter. The papers are retained in case they need to be examined later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.