2016 Election

Old Mar 24th 2016, 1:06 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by Boiler
Not sure, CNN is only covering Belgium now.
You have to dig around to find it. Bernie was talking about it ... he's pissed off big time.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Okay, so I've been meaning to respond properly but I've been posting from my phone and I get tired after more than a sentence.

What in the actual **** happened over there last night? I'm getting caught up and this whole thing stinks to high heaven. Now the DOJ is being beckoned. What's the scuttle butt on the ground?
Arizona primary: Maricopa County had one polling site for every 21,000 voters
Old Mar 24th 2016, 3:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much. So they cut polling places from 200 to 60 and suspiciously had even fewer in highly Hispanic areas. Lifelong Democrats being told they were registered independent. While they filled in provisional ballots they will not be counted. Various other violations. ID checks not working. Fire alarms going off disrupting voting.

The mayor of phx has called on the feds to investigate. Notably AZ was a state sanctioned under the VRA that previously had to ask permission to make changes to voting. Since SCOTUS gutted that law a couple of years ago, they can make changes at will. There is also a Whitehouse petition to investigate.

The election is NOT party run. It is run by the Secretary of state and the individual county recorders who are all elected Republicans. The Maricopa county recorder has run unopposed for about 7 terms. Someone has announced he will run.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 3:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

The U.S. ranks 47th in the world in the way it runs elections. Surprised it is that high.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 3:34 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Pretty much. So they cut polling places from 200 to 60 and suspiciously had even fewer in highly Hispanic areas. Lifelong Democrats being told they were registered independent. While they filled in provisional ballots they will not be counted. Various other violations. ID checks not working. Fire alarms going off disrupting voting.

The mayor of phx has called on the feds to investigate. Notably AZ was a state sanctioned under the VRA that previously had to ask permission to make changes to voting. Since SCOTUS gutted that law a couple of years ago, they can make changes at will. There is also a Whitehouse petition to investigate.

The election is NOT party run. It is run by the Secretary of state and the individual county recorders who are all elected Republicans. The Maricopa county recorder has run unopposed for about 7 terms. Someone has announced he will run.
If there are shenanigans that are political, then I don't understand why. Why would Republicans want to suppress the vote in the Democratic primary? I don't see what they stand to gain.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 3:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
The U.S. ranks 47th in the world in the way it runs elections. Surprised it is that high.
They stopped counting at 47 and just let AP call it.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 4:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by zargof
If there are shenanigans that are political, then I don't understand why. Why would Republicans want to suppress the vote in the Democratic primary? I don't see what they stand to gain.
It was suppressed for both parties.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 4:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
They're getting practice in for the general election.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 5:48 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themadpooper
Didn't expect an intelligible reply but it's fascinating how types like you don't really know what they want from the general election, except the idea of free stuff for everyone, a monumental increase in the size of the federal government to implement it, to continue to deny there's even an illegal immigration problem as to do so is bigoted and racist, and no change whatsoever in current US foreign policy in the hope what happened in Paris or Brussels, doesn't happen here
The republicans have been bellyaching about big government since the days of Franklin Roosevelt. They never change. They're lost in a time capsule, political dinosaurs. Now they think that Trump or Cruz are some kind of new Messiahs who can solve everything because everyone else up to now just didn't have a clue and the gobbling turkeys who support them swallow their bullshit wholesale.

Do you for example really believe that Trump is going to deport eleven million illegals ?

Do you really believe that he's going to build a big wall and get Mexico to pay for it ?

Do you really believe that after abolishing the Affordable Care Act he's going to replace it with something better ?

Do you really believe that he's going to do a number on China and get all the jobs that went there back here again?

Trump might think he's going to Washington and rule it like some latter day Mussolini but if ever he did get there god help us he'll find that there's a thing called the Constitution and that the people he will have to deal with are nothing like his sheeple Trump Co employees.

BTW I've lived here over 4 decades. I never asked for any handouts. What I have today I earned myself and with my wife's help.

Living in California all these years I've come to know a lot about Mexicans.
They're not all criminals and rapists as Der Fuhrer Donald claims and in some instances if I were an employer I'd sooner hire a Mexican rather than some lazy home grown specimen either white or black who wants 25 dollars an hour for a half assed days work

As for "small government" if that's what the GOP really want then I don't see that the 8 grand I paid in taxes for last year is really needed in Washington. I think about one quarter of that would be suitable instead

Last edited by dc koop; Mar 24th 2016 at 6:03 am.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 1:24 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Even taking facetiousness to the extreme, that a pretty abhorrent thing to say
Touch a nerve, did I?

OK, there's another difference. ISIS come out and kill people directly. The American right want to do it indirectly by denying people basic rights like healthcare, housing, food, that kind of thing. The likes of the tea party are essentially domestic terrorists, just a bit more subtle.

They both hide behind the same god, with a different name. Just because the American right hides behind the same one your parents/granparents/whoever happened to believe in doesn't make what they do right.

... the idea of free stuff ...
This trope needs to stop now, it's one of the single most stupid things that right wingers can come up with to justify their ingrained fear of egalitarianism.

Everyone gets to use roads, not just those who pay taxes. The armed forces aren't just protecting the taxpayer. That's part of living in a society - taking care of those who don't have until such times as they are able to pay back into the system for the time we might need to use it.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
This trope needs to stop now, it's one of the single most stupid things that right wingers can come up with to justify their ingrained fear of egalitarianism.

Everyone gets to use roads, not just those who pay taxes. The armed forces aren't just protecting the taxpayer. That's part of living in a society - taking care of those who don't have until such times as they are able to pay back into the system for the time we might need to use it.
Don't forget the all important "socialized sidewalks".
Old Mar 24th 2016, 2:39 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Don't forget the all important "socialized sidewalks".
Of course, should have remembered that ...
Old Mar 24th 2016, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond repute

If he's asked who his National Security Advisor is going to be, will Trump say Jack Bauer?
Old Mar 24th 2016, 3:26 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Touch a nerve, did I?

OK, there's another difference. ISIS come out and kill people directly. The American right want to do it indirectly by denying people basic rights like healthcare, housing, food, that kind of thing. The likes of the tea party are essentially domestic terrorists, just a bit more subtle.

They both hide behind the same god, with a different name. Just because the American right hides behind the same one your parents/granparents/whoever happened to believe in doesn't make what they do right.

Medicare, Social Security, unemployment benefits aren't "free stuff" anyway are they ?

We pay towards these all our working lives
Old Mar 24th 2016, 3:28 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dakota44
Now with Trump and Cruz attacking each others wives America most likely is rapidly becoming the laughing stock of the world

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.