2016 Election

Old Feb 29th 2016, 1:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by Boiler
I do not recollect one Trump supporter coming out on BE. May have missed it.

Do you think America would be a better country under a President like Hillary?
Better than Trump by light years.
Old Feb 29th 2016, 2:46 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else watched John Oliver's epic demolition of Donald Trump yet? Well worth a look, and they usually put the segments up on YouTube, if you don't have HBO.
Old Feb 29th 2016, 3:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dakota44
Better than Trump by light years.
Old Feb 29th 2016, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
All the candidates apparently aspire to "save the country". But from what, exactly?
You can tell how well the country is doing when those up for election will go on more about foreign issues (immigration, wars, etc) than more important home issues like the economy.
Old Feb 29th 2016, 4:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Trump was caught on open mic telling Christie, after his endorsement, to get on the plane and go home. He clearly did not want Christie sucking up any of his spotlight, which he is known to do.
Old Feb 29th 2016, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
All the candidates apparently aspire to "save the country". But from what, exactly?

In a global context, the US is doing rather well. Politically dysfunctional, but things aren't nearly as challenging as in most other regions of the world.

And frankly, the issues most seem to aspire to "save the country" from (e.g., immigration, economy, security, etc) are things the US demonstrably has much more under control than many others. I'd reckon somewhere in world's top 10, if not top 3,4, or 5..

Me thinks you can't "save the country" unless you have a crisis to "save" it from. So, I reckon immigration, terrorism, and the impoverished US economy are good starters, even if there really isn't any crisis at all.
That's a good point. The US economy may be 'sluggish' but it seems to be doing better than in most European countries (which I attribute in part to the US having more flexible labor laws, btw). All I hear from my UK family is how UK is being overrun by asylum seekers and freeloaders, and now, refugees. I've read some pretty reasonable reports that illegal immigration in the US is actually way down compared to previous periods, so there isn't even a crisis to solve there. The illegals that are here are, by and large, fulfilling a productive role in society and are not 'costing' the country anything.

I support universal healthcare, but I don't want to see the US become like the UK in terms of the 'social safety net'; The UK has gone too far IMO in terms of making it easy to get support, to the point where unemployment has become a lifestyle choice for entire generations. The tough labor laws (can't fire anyone) have further messed things up because the harder it is to fire someone, the more cautious you are about hiring someone (thus slowing any recovery).

So I see the US as being substantially 'on course' and we don't need a Sanders, and we certainly don't need a Trump to 'fix' anything. Whether Trump and his big mouth will convince people otherwise remains to be seen.
Old Feb 29th 2016, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

By your own repeated 'anyone but Hillary' mantra, you are effectively saying you support Trump, because if it came down to Trump v Hillary you are saying you would vote Trump. Thus, you are a de-facto Trump supporter. Or would you 'stay home' in such a competition?
Old Feb 29th 2016, 4:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Steerpike
By your own repeated 'anyone but Hillary' mantra, you are effectively saying you support Trump, because if it came down to Trump v Hillary you are saying you would vote Trump. Thus, you are a de-facto Trump supporter. Or would you 'stay home' in such a competition?
So if I gave you a choice between Stalin and Hitler and you said you would not support Stalin that makes you a Nazi?
Old Feb 29th 2016, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So if I gave you a choice between Stalin and Hitler and you said you would not support Stalin that makes you a Nazi?
I am free to say, "I would not support either". I could also clearly state that I disliked one more than the other in a public forum. In your case, you simply repeat 'anyone but Hillary' and don't attempt to provide any relative assessment of the Republican field. We don't need to get into Stalin v Hitler; we have Hillary v Trump, or Hillary v Cruz, or Hillary v Rubio. Give us your assessment of these actual candidates. Tell us why, in a Trump v Hillary battle, 'anyone but Hillary' is a logical choice.

In my opinion, Hillary is not that great but is light years beyond Trump or Cruz, and is way ahead of Rubio. Only if one were to introduce Kasich, or perhaps Rand Paul, would you have a relatively reasonable choice.
Old Feb 29th 2016, 5:07 pm
Account Closed

I am free to say, "I would not support either". I could also clearly state that I disliked one more than the other in a public forum. In your case, you simply repeat 'anyone but Hillary' and don't attempt to provide any relative assessment of the Republican field. We don't need to get into Stalin v Hitler; we have Hillary v Trump, or Hillary v Cruz, or Hillary v Rubio. Give us your assessment of these actual candidates. Tell us why, in a Trump v Hillary battle, 'anyone but Hillary' is a logical choice.

In my opinion, Hillary is not that great but is light years beyond Trump or Cruz, and is way ahead of Rubio. Only if one were to introduce Kasich, or perhaps Rand Paul, would you have a relatively reasonable choice.
There was a Republican supporter on this thread but not surprisingly he got driven out, so if you really wanted a Republican view you need to look in the mirror.

I live in hope that when the dust dies down there will be a sensible choice.
Old Feb 29th 2016, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

There was a Republican supporter on this thread but not surprisingly he got driven out, so if you really wanted a Republican view you need to look in the mirror.

Excellent. So who might that be? Do you think it could be Romney? Bush somehow resurrected during the convention? Or Bloomberg?
Old Feb 29th 2016, 5:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
Trump was caught on open mic telling Christie, after his endorsement, to get on the plane and go home. He clearly did not want Christie sucking up any of his spotlight, which he is known to do.
That's how the press have spun it. What about...go home and enjiy the weekend with your family?

There was a Republican supporter on this thread but not surprisingly he got driven out, so if ygou really wanted a Republican view you need to look in the mirror.

As long as I can remember...it's always been that way on BE. Republican supporters are vastly out numbered by Democrats and are eventually driven away.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 29th 2016 at 5:55 pm. Reason: To add another post and reply
Old Feb 29th 2016, 5:57 pm
Account Closed

Excellent. So who might that be? Do you think it could be Romney? Bush somehow resurrected during the convention? Or Bloomberg?
None of the above.
Old Feb 29th 2016, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It was pricelesd. So his real family name is Drumph.
Old Feb 29th 2016, 6:05 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

America will go on evolving as it presently is. The demographics are changing and the younger Americans are far more liberal in outlook than they were a few decades ago.

America is not going in the wrong direction. It's changing along with the rest of the world

People Like Trump are dreaming of the past when a bad word from America made nations tremble and it certainly doesn't need to go on being a military colossus that wants to kick everyone's ass who doesn't fall in line. The massive amounts in military spending could be well used to improve the nation domestically

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.