Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

2011 RBS Six 6 Nations Rugby in Chicago?

2011 RBS Six 6 Nations Rugby in Chicago?

Old Jan 26th 2011, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of
Default Re: 2011 RBS Six 6 Nations Rugby in Chicago?

Originally Posted by Paul S
That is the BBC America schedule
The Wales v England game isn't being shown
Oh right, thanks for confirming. It did cross my mind that may be the case as we had a conversation about it with the pub manager back when the autumn internationals were on. Apparently last year Premium Sports wanted to charge the same price just to show the games that weren't on BBC America as previous years when they were airing the full schedule. I can't remember the cost, but it was a lot, and clearly not cost effective for pubs.

Tonrob, we use a proxy through simplyexpats.net. We've had no other problems watching iPlayer, so wondered whether it was a high volume of traffic problem.

Yep it's good that some are on, but only one Wales game
Old Jan 26th 2011, 1:54 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by taffie77
Oh right, thanks for confirming. It did cross my mind that may be the case as we had a conversation about it with the pub manager back when the autumn internationals were on. Apparently last year Premium Sports wanted to charge the same price just to show the games that weren't on BBC America as previous years when they were airing the full schedule. I can't remember the cost, but it was a lot, and clearly not cost effective for pubs.

Tonrob, we use a proxy through simplyexpats.net. We've had no other problems watching iPlayer, so wondered whether it was a high volume of traffic problem.

Yep it's good that some are on, but only one Wales game
I've usually gone to the pub to watch most of them, but the arrival of the little one a week ago means no pub-time for us this year. If you can stand not watching live then the best quality on the internet is often had by downloading from TheBox or UKNova the following day.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 8:33 pm
Welsh and proud in Texas

tigerbaywarrior is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Paul S
That is the BBC America schedule
The Wales v England game isn't being shown
Remember Wales v England is Friday night game. Hopefully the last time ever!

I expect BBCA have more important things on at that time.....

Old Jan 27th 2011, 9:27 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tigerbaywarrior
Remember Wales v England is Friday night game. Hopefully the last time ever!

I expect BBCA have more important things on at that time.....

No more Friday night games for at least the next two years according to BBC Sport.

As for more important things I seem to remember repeats of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares (and ones that had been on multiple times already at that) being prioritized over Six Nations matches last year.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by od6600
Just checked; Nothing for a hundred miles from us... May be an issue for plans to watch the world cup.
The Local in Downtown Minneapolis are pretty good at showing rugby when available. It's a bit soon to be sure, but it's a fair bet that they will show the World Cup though.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

od6600 is just really niceod6600 is just really niceod6600 is just really niceod6600 is just really niceod6600 is just really niceod6600 is just really niceod6600 is just really niceod6600 is just really nice

Originally Posted by taffie77
The Local in Downtown Minneapolis are pretty good at showing rugby when available. It's a bit soon to be sure, but it's a fair bet that they will show the World Cup though.
Might be further than my family is prepared to allow me to drive! Simplyexpats.net looks good though.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 11:53 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

They don't have BBC Amercia?
Old Jan 29th 2011, 11:54 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AlmostHome
Hi there everyone.

Just wondered if anyone knew of any good places to watch rugby games in the Chicago Land area? Especially the upcoming RBS Six Nations.

Any recommendations welcome, or if you want to join me give me a shout!!

Cheers,

Tom
The Globe's fairly good at showing rugby, they have a bout a million screens crammed in all showing something else, so you have to actually be able to see the screen otherwise it's pointless.