Reload this Page >

20 worst foods in America

20 worst foods in America

Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:03 pm

JEM3110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 20 worst foods in America

Originally Posted by KJ2007
Did you smack him?

It actually makes me angry that restaurants serve portions that are so out of control or calorie laden. Yet I know that they probably do so because that's what some customers demand.

Yet there has to be a market for something more reasonable - or offering choices - like the apple vs. crisps at the restaurant I went to the other day. Otherwise you could make a choice you thought wasn't too bad (like the turkey burger they posted - though it did look big) and could be doing yourself a great disservice.

I often go online to restaurant's websites for nutritional info before I go ... or I should say when I was at my skinniest I did that. I've of course porked back up so it's time to get back on task.
No, but if looks could kill!

Portions sizes are HUGE here though aren't they? A friend said to me once, when you're at a restaurant and the food arrives, eat only a third of it and that would equal a normal portion!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
Worst food ?

McDonalds, Taco f**kin bell, Popyes, Maccaroni cheese, Peanut butter, Sloppy joe's, Cheese fries, American bacon, american sausages, Hot dogs, Baloney, ............. I could go on for ever, whoever said English food is bland and tasteless doesn't know what they are talking about

Oh ! and any factory made cakes, cookies etc !
Lol - you've listed nothing but fast food! Of course that's crap.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JEM3110
No, but if looks could kill!

Portions sizes are HUGE here though aren't they? A friend said to me once, when you're at a restaurant and the food arrives, eat only a third of it and that would equal a normal portion!
Yes, your friend is right! Another good idea is to start your meal always with a salad, and plan on taking a good portion of your dinner home. When I eat at Cheesecake Factory my meal lasts me for an additional 3-4 meals worth of leftovers!!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:15 pm

Yes, your friend is right! Another good idea is to start your meal always with a salad, and plan on taking a good portion of your dinner home. When I eat at Cheesecake Factory my meal lasts me for an additional 3-4 meals worth of leftovers!!
My mother is visiting us at the moment and she finds it highly amusing when we eat out - seeing all the folks leaving the restaurants with their boxes!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:24 pm

Worst food ?

McDonalds, Taco f**kin bell, Popyes, Maccaroni cheese, Peanut butter, Sloppy joe's, Cheese fries, American bacon, american sausages, Hot dogs, Baloney, ............. I could go on for ever, whoever said English food is bland and tasteless doesn't know what they are talking about

Oh ! and any factory made cakes, cookies etc !
My son's friends eat nothing but mac 'n' cheese and hot dogs....seems to be the staple diet for 6 year olds around here
Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

My son's friends eat nothing but mac 'n' cheese and hot dogs....seems to be the staple diet for 6 year olds around here
Hmmm. The mac 'n' cheese and hot dog diet. With lots of running around like a 6 year old... could be good
Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My mother is visiting us at the moment and she finds it highly amusing when we eat out - seeing all the folks leaving the restaurants with their boxes!
I have a friend whose father was born in India. He emigrated here before she was born. He would always take leftovers home with him, no matter how little food it might be. She told me as a child she found that embarassing. It wasn't until she went to India with him about 5 years ago, that she saw that someone was always waiting outside the restaurant to accept these small packages of leftovers. She then understood why he had always done as he had.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

I have a friend whose father was born in India. He emigrated here before she was born. He would always take leftovers home with him, no matter how little food it might be. She told me as a child she found that embarassing. It wasn't until she went to India with him about 5 years ago, that she saw that someone was always waiting outside the restaurant to accept these small packages of leftovers. She then understood why he had always done as he had.
Awww bless... that's lovely
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

I found out thats what they were serving up my six year old for school dinners most days no wonder my boy couldn't wait for Mummy to get back so he could again enjoy his packed lunch.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
I found out thats what they were serving up my six year old for school dinners most days no wonder my boy couldn't wait for Mummy to get back so he could again enjoy his packed lunch.
Ah....bless his little cotton socks.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juswus
I love cheese, but so many times I've been caught out by thinking I'm getting cheese, when actually I get served some kind of orange plastic
Velveeta *gag*
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

English food is bland and tasteless
When I am told that my reply is
'leave off the salt, sugar and fat laden sauces see how bland american food is'

Or better reply yet is when my (american) says 'have you actually tried english food to know that?
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:10 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

For the Cheese lovers www.cheeseimporters.com based in Colorado do loverly Gift baskets. I worked for them a while back.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Emma M
Hmmm. The mac 'n' cheese and hot dog diet. With lots of running around like a 6 year old... could be good
AKA the "get diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, by the time you're 13" diet!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:28 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get the inclusion of the Pepperidge Farm pot pie; surely you wouldn't eat one on your own. We've had some in the past and always split it and served it with a couple of vegetables on the side.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.