Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

11 Hour Flight With A 4 Year Old And 7 Year Old!!!!!! God Help The Other Passengers

11 Hour Flight With A 4 Year Old And 7 Year Old!!!!!! God Help The Other Passengers

Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 11 Hour Flight With A 4 Year Old And 7 Year Old!!!!!! God Help The Other Passenge

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Yes, and they have quite an activity pack for them as well. And at least one kid-orientated movie.
ARE WE THERE YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tee hee hee........ just getting u into practice
Old Apr 1st 2007, 12:35 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 11 Hour Flight With A 4 Year Old And 7 Year Old!!!!!! God Help The Other Passenge

You can't beat a portable DVD player with a shedload of their favourite movies. I'd also recommend buying a spare battery for the player - and make sure you charge it in plenty time before you leave!

I agree with TouristTrap, I wouldn't fly any other airline than BA with our two little ones.

We've flown across and back a couple of times recently with our kids at various ages - our oldest is now three. One thing I did was to pack some ear plugs for the surrounding passengers if things got too loud and we couldn't calm the baby down. Never had to use them though.

Have a safe trip.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:43 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic tips everyone, thank you. have been to ELC and Woolies so got lots of (quiet) goodies to keep them occupied. I like the water tattoo idea, they would both love that AND the packing their own bag tip.

We are flying BA, thank goodness seeing as most of you take that as a prerequisite.

I just wish the contract we already sorted before we were flying out, I feel very nervous about going without something already signed. Looks like they wont ship our furniture out ( ) am struggling to understand their viewpoint. It all feels very much up in the air still.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cybersecretary
Fantastic tips everyone, thank you. have been to ELC and Woolies so got lots of (quiet) goodies to keep them occupied. I like the water tattoo idea, they would both love that AND the packing their own bag tip.

We are flying BA, thank goodness seeing as most of you take that as a prerequisite.

I just wish the contract we already sorted before we were flying out, I feel very nervous about going without something already signed. Looks like they wont ship our furniture out ( ) am struggling to understand their viewpoint. It all feels very much up in the air still.
will u need so much when u get here, the houses are completely different. Might be easier to sell a lot and buy new if ur able to?
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:50 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

You mustn't move without a contract firmly in hand!! That's my advice anyway.

You should read what loopylorns has gone through the last few months.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 3:04 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Am so not happy with the situation. Only over for a look see visit this time, definatley wont go without everything water tight. Is a bl**dy nightmare.

I just cant understand it, we would have to go into furnished rental - dont fancy that - and whats the point of buying new when we arrive when all our other UK stuff bunged into storage over here? Or am I being stupid?
Old Apr 1st 2007, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Am so not happy with the situation. Only over for a look see visit this time, definatley wont go without everything water tight. Is a bl**dy nightmare.

I just cant understand it, we would have to go into furnished rental - dont fancy that - and whats the point of buying new when we arrive when all our other UK stuff bunged into storage over here? Or am I being stupid?
loopylorns went to hell and back with medical expenses she had to pay first, then the rentals that was a nightmare in itself. And to top it all she is going back anyway!!!

Without a contract just treat this easter break as a holiday!! Unless its on paper and a serious offer.

ARE WE THERE YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

My money is on that cybersecretary is in for a rude awakening if she ever lives in, not just visits Orange County CA. Seems a little naive to me.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:12 pm
In Orange County, CA.

Originally Posted by cabritpop
My money is on that cybersecretary is in for a rude awakening if she ever lives in, not just visits Orange County CA. Seems a little naive to me.
well thank you so much for that. i am trying NOT to be naive - and am v close to saying shove it, and staying put.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

well thank you so much for that. i am trying NOT to be naive - and am v close to saying shove it, and staying put.
get on the flight, look at it as a recce holiday!!!

Do not go into a panic now three days before u fly. Are u bringing ur laptop. Any probs while ur here try and get online, and i am sure there are enough in the areathat u have got to know on here where ur going that can assist if ur stuck with getting straight answers!

There might be a few that could forward u contact numbers for emergencies???????????? Just to have in ur purse. Because there are always things that u think of when ur on ur own!! Just my little bit of sticking my nose in advice!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:23 pm
In Orange County, CA.

Deedee, you are a star, thank you for your support.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:26 pm
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

Check your private messages.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:34 pm
In Orange County, CA.

Thank you Catbritpop, have replied.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:38 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

I usually bring a pack of gum in case the kids have decompression problems on landing (i.e. their ears don't pop as easily as ours). Chewing gum can help the ears pop (and end some incredibly painful screaming).

You might want to consider a blanket to throw down on the floor. One kid could stretch across two seats (arm rests up) and the other could take the floor. As gross as it sounds to us, kids like that kind of stuff.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by penguinsix
I usually bring a pack of gum in case the kids have decompression problems on landing (i.e. their ears don't pop as easily as ours). Chewing gum can help the ears pop (and end some incredibly painful screaming).

You might want to consider a blanket to throw down on the floor. One kid could stretch across two seats (arm rests up) and the other could take the floor. As gross as it sounds to us, kids like that kind of stuff.
been there. Done that!!! Its actually quite good when they are so small because they do fit quite snug on the floor. one blanket underneath and one above. When they are tired they really dont care.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.