Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

“Just say no to government run.............

“Just say no to government run.............

Old Jan 24th 2010, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice
Default Re: “Just say no to government run.............

Originally Posted by Tom60
The number of clients is an issue because of the increased cost to the government. I wouldn't compare it to automobile insurance, which is paid by policy holders, not the government. Fuel tax? How much more do you want to tax it?
And why wouldn't the clients pay for their cover, that's hardly a radical thought. After all it would be better cover and, if compulsory as it should be, subsidised by the healthy, including those who think they are bulletproof. And if you have a monopoly funder of health services, surely that funder has some leverage on pricing for services and meds.

US fuel taxes are a fraction of those in the rest of the world without bringing civilisation to a halt in those countries. After all, oil will be much more expensive one day. Probably soon. So there should be a capacity to pay. Something at least. There is a big debt caused by politicians who could no say no in the past and interest is ticking by the day.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Tom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Banksia
And why wouldn't the clients pay for their cover, that's hardly a radical thought. After all it would be better cover and, if compulsory as it should be, subsidised by the healthy, including those who think they are bulletproof. And if you have a monopoly funder of health services, surely that funder has some leverage on pricing for services and meds.

US fuel taxes are a fraction of those in the rest of the world without bringing civilisation to a halt in those countries. After all, oil will be much more expensive one day. Probably soon. So there should be a capacity to pay. Something at least. There is a big debt caused by politicians who could no say no in the past and interest is ticking by the day.
I'm aware other countries have higher fuel prices. So? What kind of argument is that? Enough is enough.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Tom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond repute

Even though I drive a glorified golf cart that gets 50mpg, I still don't want to pay $6 per gallon, and neither does anyone else. Besides, they mismanage the revenue they do get.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

Even though I drive a glorified golf cart that gets 50mpg, I still don't want to pay $6 per gallon, and neither does anyone else. Besides, they mismanage the revenue they do get.
That's what everyone keep saying.

Bottom line is the nation, like many of its citizens, has been consuming more than it has been earning. So even if no new programs are introduced, an accounting is overdue and I have seen no one deny it.

Mr Micawber summed it up perfectly. Let me know if you don't know what he said.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 11:51 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Banksia- I am curious as to your preoccupation with the US. Itake it you are not an American and you don't live in the US.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

He's an Aussie with some sort of axe to grind with us, and the internet provides him with an outlet.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 1:14 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

He's an Aussie with some sort of axe to grind with us, and the internet provides him with an outlet.
I don't believe in rush to judgements Tom, so that's why I asked. He may well be a US Expat living in OZ, a Brit who has lived in the US etc,etc. Hell, he could even be a Poly Sci prof. I'm just curious.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, I could be wrong, but it's just that there seems to be a lot of axe grinding going on here. Which is OK, I guess this is the place to do it.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 1:32 pm
Sursum corda

Well, I could be wrong, but it's just that there seems to be a lot of axe grinding going on here. Which is OK, I guess this is the place to do it.
Well since the site IS a British Expats site, yes that would be the base. The Trailer Park was started as being specifically for the US based folk and their take on experiences living and working here-good, bad and indifferent.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 1:36 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I've not quite yet understood why you're here, Tom. Have you got any expat or British connection?
Old Jan 24th 2010, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, I made some Brit friends while stationed in Europe, I'm a member of a British military forum, I followed some links, and one thing led to another. I guess simple curiosity plays a role. Why?
Old Jan 24th 2010, 5:32 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I made some Brit friends while stationed in Europe, I'm a member of a British military forum, I followed some links, and one thing led to another. I guess simple curiosity plays a role. Why?
So that's a no.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

What's it to you anyway?
Old Jan 24th 2010, 5:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

His views seem rather more constructive than many of the American citizens who post here about healthcare.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 5:38 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

What's it to you anyway?
My guess, and it could be wrong, is that FB is trying to establish whether you have any experience that would allow you to make valid observations about Brits and Britain.

I'm sure he'll be along to correct me sometime soon if I am wrong...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.