Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

£500 For Kids Born Before 2002

£500 For Kids Born Before 2002

Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

graham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to all
Default Re: £500 For Kids Born Before 2002

Originally Posted by graham barnett
I think you will need the luck if you think they are going to give you £500 per child when you come back from abroad, be careful everyone they might just want back what you have maybe still been claiming while you have been away? hmmmm
Well egg on my face, thanks made more enq filling form in tmoz, well i wonder how many thousands of people out there do not know about this?
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...html?t=1428397

I am assuming this is what you are talking about.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

graham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...html?t=1428397

I am assuming this is what you are talking about.
Thats right
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

Just want to check that I am not eligible for this Both my children were born between 86 - 02 however we were out of the country for 2002 - 2003 but I did pay tax on savings? I'm tempted to put in my application just to see.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

lounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bromleygirl
Just want to check that I am not eligible for this Both my children were born between 86 - 02 however we were out of the country for 2002 - 2003 but I did pay tax on savings? I'm tempted to put in my application just to see.

I would defo put in for it, but you only have till the end jan 2009
Old Jan 26th 2009, 8:14 pm
Londonurse

marina is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Celtic Princess
Are you British? Do you have children born before 2002? Did you leave Britain after 2002?

If you answer yes to these questions then you are, apparantly, entitled to claim a one off child benefit payment amounting to approx £500 (per kid I think). Apparantly it was something the government brought in as part of the family benefits overhall in 2002 but they forgot to inform people they had to actually apply for it. It's called The Children's Tax Allowance.

The deadline for applying for this is the end of the month. So if you think you qualify, you need to get your skates on. You claim it by ringing the tax office on 0845 3021437. I shall be ringing them first thing in the morning.

Good luck.
Thank you so much Celtic Princess. I found out only last night but hopefully can get the credit. I phoned the local tax office and they confirmed that I had not recieved the money.
To anyone else who thinks they can claim it do so as soon as possible. It would have been great to get tax credit for the year before. I guess they kept that quiet for a reason. Thanks again.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Celtic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of light

You're welcome.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 6:26 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graham barnett
I think you will need the luck if you think they are going to give you £500 per child when you come back from abroad, be careful everyone they might just want back what you have maybe still been claiming while you have been away? hmmmm
If it relates to a year that you were resident in the UK they owe it to you, its your money not theirs and they should have given it to you back in 2002