Old Feb 28th 2020, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: **** **** ****

Originally Posted by caretaker
it'll be in the paper, escapee arrested, robbers caught, meth, guns and cash seized, that sort of thing. .
It's like that here in NL (for now). If someone is shot, it's either gangs shooting other gang's king pins (do they still say that?), or deranged police/forces doing murder/suicides (not quite the same vein). That is why I will always, always believe that guns belong only (stored securely) in the workplaces of those who require them during their working hours - otherwise, they owned are criminals, and therefore all those who use one are culpable, or need to answer for their actions. It works in the rest of the world, but unfortunately it is too late for the USA
Old Feb 28th 2020, 6:23 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
You also said, by any reasonable inference, that hundreds of thousands, no, millions of people, should just suck it up, including my family, because they can't afford to be a nice enough bourgeois. In a nice bourgeois neighbourhood.
Crime rates in WA are much lower than in GA. When you look at gun crime/deaths, WA is much safer than GA. I guess you could move to Alaska (JK, they're killing the shit out of each other up there). Probably better just move to Rhode Island. Otherwise, you're really just asking for it.
Old Feb 28th 2020, 6:30 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
2 incidents within 20 miles? Almost a war zone

You'd love being in Mississippi. 2 incidents within 20 miles is like it happened in another county, if not state. We hear gun shots here every weekend. People are allowed to shoot their guns on their own property at targets or animals. We have shootings involving people as close as 3 miles from our house. Is it a bad neighborhood. No, it isn't.

Don't worry about diving to the left or right. Just dive down.

Last edited by Rete; Feb 28th 2020 at 6:34 pm.
Old May 3rd 2020, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

sid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond repute

Depicted here is a guard deployed today to protect the Nevada State Governor from a motley crew of "Covid-19 is a hoax" troopers. I don't know anything about guns, and am curious as to what this device is. Any er, armament enthusiasts who can say what this is?

Old May 3rd 2020, 7:26 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sid nv
Depicted here is a guard deployed today to protect the Nevada State Governor from a motley crew of "Covid-19 is a hoax" troopers. I don't know anything about guns, and am curious as to what this device is. Any er, armament enthusiasts who can say what this is?
Penn 37mm or 40mm grenade launcher; he probably has tear gas and maybe smoke.
That cylinder looks like it holds 5, so I'll say 40mm.
On the other hand, because I have no way of knowing, it could be 37mm and for all I know he could have rubber bullets as well. The upside of having multiple types of ammunition is adaptability to the situation, the downside is possibility of confusing what you're using in the heat of the moment.

Last edited by caretaker; May 3rd 2020 at 8:46 am. Reason: I just love to edit
Old May 3rd 2020, 1:04 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Depicted here is a guard deployed today to protect the Nevada State Governor from a motley crew of "Covid-19 is a hoax" troopers. I don't know anything about guns, and am curious as to what this device is. Any er, armament enthusiasts who can say what this is? .....
I'm not certain exactly what the device is, but I agree with Caretaker, it's designed to fire something non-lethal, and I would lean towards smoke/tear gas as the cartridges are large diameter and short - a rubber bullet of that size would have a very short effective range if foam, and be potentially lethal if it had enough density to have much range.

ETA It looks similar to an M32 grenade launcher, but the front of the magazine appears to be open, whereas the M32 has a solid circular cover. Also the stock is hollow (in the above picture you can see his shoulder through it), but that could be changed fairly easily.

Last edited by Pulaski; May 3rd 2020 at 1:20 pm.
Old May 3rd 2020, 1:14 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if you can get frags for these or not, but they have a wide variety of impact and gas options.
https://www.combinedsystems.com/products/?cid=146
Edit: Yes, of course you can get fragmentation rounds for this. It didn't take a lot of searching. Both high and low velocity options in HE that will fit. I doubt the police in Nevada would take the HE rounds to a public demonstration. If they have to kill someone they would use a more selective method.
PS: Now I don't think it's a Penn; I think it's an LG 440 that's been accessorized with a rangefinder sight.

Last edited by caretaker; May 3rd 2020 at 2:39 pm.
Old May 3rd 2020, 1:26 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if you can get frags for these or not, but they have a wide variety of impact and gas options.
https://www.combinedsystems.com/products/?cid=146
Edit: Yes, of course you can get fragmentation rounds for this. It didn't take a lot of searching. Both high and low velocity options in HE that will fit. I doubt the police in Nevada would take the HE rounds to a public demonstration. If they have to kill someone they would use a more selective method.
Use of anything other than gas or smoke against heavily armed covidiots would likely provoke an immediate return of live fire.
Old May 3rd 2020, 1:32 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Use of anything other than gas or smoke against heavily armed covidiots would likely provoke an immediate return of live fire.
I think it's a given that as soon as anyone starts shooting there would be a response.
Old May 3rd 2020, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

sid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond repute

He seems to be well tooled up.
I had to google for the yellow flag with the snake. I had never heard of the Gadsden flag.

Old May 3rd 2020, 6:11 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at it, it is similar to ones I've seen for firing rubber bullets. In answer to Pulaski's comment rubber bullets can be, and have been, lethal. They are not soft things.
Old May 3rd 2020, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by lansbury
Looking at it, it is similar to ones I've seen for firing rubber bullets. In answer to Pulaski's comment rubber bullets can be, and have been, lethal. They are not soft things.
"Less than lethal". .... Which is an optimistic euphemism.

I certainly wouldn't want to be hit by a rubber "baton round" fired from a shotgun.

Last edited by Pulaski; May 3rd 2020 at 6:22 pm.
Old May 3rd 2020, 7:00 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Pulaski
"Less than lethal". .... Which is an optimistic euphemism.
I certainly wouldn't want to be hit by a rubber "baton round" fired from a shotgun.
Or the lacquer coated wood! The .60 Sting Balls is something I could see taking out an eye quite easily. Check some of the 40mm options. The directions/safety bit is sort of sketchy, and seems to be the same for everything. Edit: Except for the sponge, they say that one will kill you, and getting shot in the head with a tear gas shell can kill you.
https://www.combinedsystems.com/spec-sheets/

Last edited by caretaker; May 3rd 2020 at 7:08 pm.
Old May 3rd 2020, 8:13 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

He seems to be well tooled up.
I wondered who he was, and got sent down a worm hole from Nevada Protective Service to a school for these guys in Oak Ridge Tennessee called Y-12 at Consolidated Nuclear Services..... and they train guards for Nuclear Plants, etc.. He looks quite capable, but I guess in the face of all those bubbas it takes a Terminator to protect the Governor. There were a lot of things I didn't know about the Gadsden flag, and it's a shame that something with brave and honourable origins got picked up by orgs like the Tea Party and the NRA, and especially by ass-clowns like the protestors carrying it around downtown with their guns strapped across their chests.

Old May 3rd 2020, 8:54 pm

..... getting shot in the head with a tear gas shell can kill you. .....
Well not "me", personally, because I am at home, not parading outside the state capitol building brandishing a military-style rifle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.