Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Where to live in Phuket?

Where to live in Phuket?

Old May 28th 2016, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

samtheman40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to live in Phuket?

Long story short I am thinking of moving out to Phuket for 2 or 3 or 4 months at the beginning of next year. I rent out my cottage I have in the South of England and get £1000 a month in rent from that so I would not be short of cash out in Phuket. I have only been twice to Asia and both times I stayed in Phuket in Nai Yang and Kata. I am a young looking 40 year old male with a mild learning difficulty. I am half English and half Kiwi. Was boroughs up in the Hampshire area of the UK but as an adult I have lived in London, Totnes in South Devon, Winchester, Auckland in NZ, Sydney Australia and now I live by the sea in Looe in South Cornwall. I gave up drinking alcohol and haven't touched drugs or smoking for a very long time. I have been there done that and got the t-shirt. I still like to go party but only in a small way. I love Nai Yang and Kata as they both have nice beaches are safe enough at night time have nice places to eat have chilled out nightlife and just nice normal every day people there. I am not very adventures.
So where would be a great place to stay for a few months? Where ever I end up staying I would have to be near the beach and have a small chilled out but lively bar to go to if I want to to chat to the bar staff and locals and holiday makers and backpackers, and be near to some great eating places? Any ideas would be great?
Old May 28th 2016, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live in Phuket?

Originally Posted by samtheman40
I love Nai Yang and Kata as they both have nice beaches are safe enough at night time have nice places to eat have chilled out nightlife and just nice normal every day people there.

So where would be a great place to stay for a few months? Where ever I end up staying I would have to be near the beach and have a small chilled out but lively bar to go to if I want to to chat to the bar staff and locals and holiday makers and backpackers, and be near to some great eating places? Any ideas would be great?
If you loved Nai Yang and Kata, why not go back to one of these? They seem to meet your criteria and so would seem to be the obvious choice.
Old May 28th 2016, 11:09 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live in Phuket?

As Teejaydee said, go for it. If you like these places, try them out.

You are saying 2 or 3 or 4 months. That is not long. So....a long holiday? Or are you planning something longer maybe?

I guess for that length of time, go back to whatever bar you are familiar with, and ask the locals the best place to stay. I'm sure you will get some suggestions. Just keep your wits about you. I'm sure you know what Thailand is like.

I'm not sure I know Nai Yang. I haven't been back to Phuket for a long time anyway. Kata is OK. Not too seedy, but I understand that Phuket has been changed a bit these days by the military. Enjoy!