Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Visiting and working in Thailand

Visiting and working in Thailand

Old Oct 11th 2007, 9:37 am
Just Joined

bectilley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visiting and working in Thailand

Hi there I am going to Northern Thailand (and maybe Phuket) for Christmas with the view of teaching over there the following year 08/09. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding either places to visit in the 2 weeks or International schools and great bases for working in Thailand??? Chiang Mai has been recommended to me. Thanks so much
Old Dec 9th 2007, 5:00 am
Just Joined

roskruge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visiting and working in Thailand

The Thai school year go's from May to Sep then Oct/Nov to March. In Thailand buy the Bangkok Post it is full of Teacher adds. but you can always approach the schools themselves, and get a good deal without the agents taking a good slice.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 7:12 am
Just Joined

VTR1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

As already stated but International schools often have different academic years.

Good websites to point you in the right direction are www.ajarn.com and also www.teflplace.com

Hope they help.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 11:58 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bectilley
Hi there I am going to Northern Thailand (and maybe Phuket) for Christmas with the view of teaching over there the following year 08/09. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding either places to visit in the 2 weeks or International schools and great bases for working in Thailand??? Chiang Mai has been recommended to me. Thanks so much
I had a friend who spent a year there recently. Apparently Chiang Mai is better climate wise. Don't take the white water rafting excursion though as they have no safety regs at all - my friend was thrown out of the boat and knocked unconcious - happily some Australian with a six pack rescued her and shagged seven shades of shit out of her at a beach party later on. Dirty bitch she is

Also avoid elephant back rides into the jungle. She had a great time doing the Ho Chi Min trail on the back of a motorbike though and in Cambodia got to fire rocket launchers at trees for a bit. She liked that too apparently.

Good luck
Old Dec 18th 2007, 8:50 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

You might find this site useful. Stickman is a well-known Bangkok blogger and, although he seems to concentrate on teaching English, there is some good info generally on Thailand.

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/
Old Dec 18th 2007, 9:08 am
Just Joined

bectilley is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
Thanks sooo much for the advice I really appreciate it. I am flying there tonight and will be in Chiang Mai tomorrow... so we shall see.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 5:55 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
You might find this site useful. Stickman is a well-known Bangkok blogger and, although he seems to concentrate on teaching English, there is some good info generally on Thailand.

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/
Take what some of the things he writes with a pich of salt.