Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Sukhumvit for a few nights

Sukhumvit for a few nights

Old Jun 5th 2013, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Sukhumvit for a few nights

First time to stay in Bangkok, intending on seeing the city, a day trip or two and eat and drink well. Is Sukhumvit ok and safe?
Old Jun 6th 2013, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice
Default Re: Sukhumvit for a few nights

Originally Posted by discobay
First time to stay in Bangkok, intending on seeing the city, a day trip or two and eat and drink well. Is Sukhumvit ok and safe?
Yes it's safe but just watch the Ladyboy pickpockets

Read the other thread here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795948
Old Jun 6th 2013, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Thanks.
Old Jun 9th 2013, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Bangkok is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to Pratunam for your food and shopping.. a vibrant place full of Indian - Thai - and international foods.. Enjoy!
Old Jun 9th 2013, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm thinking of that Indian food now :-)
Old Jun 12th 2013, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

GMTplus7 is an unknown quantity at this point

link below is a good source of what to do in BKK.

http://www.bangkok.com/
Old Jun 13th 2013, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

What's the range of prices for hotel stay I should be looking at; is 700 Baht too low?
Old Jun 14th 2013, 2:14 am
Just Joined

GMTplus7 is an unknown quantity at this point

depends on how you would stay, just to have somewhere to sleep or more comfortable.
personally I wouldn't stay in a room for 700 baht, besides with this price you can't find it even in 4-star hotels.
Old Jun 16th 2013, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice

What's the range of prices for hotel stay I should be looking at; is 700 Baht too low?
There are rooms in the Swan Inn on soi 4 for 700 baht but I wouldn't stay there. I use the Ibis (small but clean) on soi 4 for 1500 baht
Old Jun 16th 2013, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GMTplus7
depends on how you would stay, just to have somewhere to sleep or more comfortable.
personally I wouldn't stay in a room for 700 baht, besides with this price you can't find it even in 4-star hotels.
Sorry I didn't get an email notification (again) of your post. I just want somewhere to sleep that's not noisy and not smelling of beer. 3-star would be fine for me.
Old Jun 16th 2013, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Quackers
There are rooms in the Swan Inn on soi 4 for 700 baht but I wouldn't stay there. I use the Ibis (small but clean) on soi 4 for 1500 baht
OK will check it out but it's probably more than I want to spend.

Looks like access to this site using Apple's Safari or Google Chrome mobile isn't working.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 4:04 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

If you're looking for some good value and something a bit different too you should check out some of the offers on airbnb.com

this was 29$ a night :https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/966576

and this was a 1 bedroom apartment for 25$ a night : https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/715652
Old Jun 17th 2013, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
If you're looking for some good value and something a bit different too you should check out some of the offers on airbnb.com

this was 29$ a night :https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/966576

and this was a 1 bedroom apartment for 25$ a night : https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/715652
Those look like very good value even though the first one is now $43/night and the second $27/night. But last night I booked into sabai-sabai. Will keep these in mind for the next trip.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute

There are a couple of small 'boutique' hotels for less than 1000baht a night just inside Soi 4. Check agoda.com

rgds, MP
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MonsterP
There are a couple of small 'boutique' hotels for less than 1000baht a night just inside Soi 4. Check agoda.com

rgds, MP
Thanks but I ended up booking sabai-sabai for 860THB/night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.