Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Thailand for xmas and new year

Thailand for xmas and new year

Old Dec 5th 2002, 11:30 am
Just Joined

sharky is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Thailand for xmas and new year

a friend and myself are lucky enough to be spending xmas and new year in thailand. we land in bangkok on the 17th and have no idea where will be a great place to spend xmas. any ideas would be much appreciated !!

thanks.
Old Dec 6th 2002, 8:58 am
Just Joined

take2withwater is an unknown quantity at this point

Sharky, Bangkok is a very energetic and lively city. Thailand is predominatly Buddhist and does not celebrate Christmas and their New Year is mid April. However, there are many British pubs around which I am sure will have Christmas festivities. My favourite would be one called the Bull's Head, which is just off Soi 33, Sukhumvit. You can catch the Sky Train and get off at Phrom Phong station, take the exit to the left and go down the soi ( street) beside the Family Mart. Most locals in the area should know where it is or a tuk tuk will charge you a couple of baht to take you there. The Bull's head is run by a Brit ex-pat named Chris. They play 'toss the boss' from 5 pm to 7 pm each Sunday afternoon. Lots of fun, lots of ex-pats.
Old Dec 27th 2002, 7:22 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

'Toss the boss' - what is that? (Sounds disgusting!)