Regents School Pattaya

Old Jan 10th 2014, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

Schmedz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Regents School Pattaya

Does anyone have children at this school? How do you find it?

Also, what is Pattaya like to live in with children of primary school age?

Trying to decide whether to take a job offer in the area or not...
Old Jan 27th 2014, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Regents School Pattaya

Anyone??
Old Jan 31st 2014, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

brownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nice

Regents school is about 14k outside Pattaya,good school but expensive.Pattaya is a very sociable place with a large expat community .Make sure the job has a good salary though!!!!
Old Jan 31st 2014, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, salary not great so will have to have a serious think. What is the cost of living like? Have heard Thailand is generally very inexpensive, but wonder if that is still true in areas with big expat communities.

Really need advice here, so any tips from a 'local' are greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

brownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nice

Will you get an accomodation allowance?Your slary shoul not be on a par with your home country one!If you get more than say 200,000 baht then you will live well and probably save.Cost of living is fairly cheap especially if your wife gets used to shopping a bit at local markets rather than the big supermarkets!Plenty to do and see and kids will thrive here .Weather is hot from february onwards ,choose where you live carefully.hope this helps,give it a try !!
Old Feb 1st 2014, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the tips. Accommodation is included in the package but the salary is well below the amount you say is needed to live well (but then again I think we live quite well on a salary less than that here at home, so will probably feel like a queen in Thailand!)
Definitely a country we are keen to explore further but just think this particular offer is not the right package at the right time. Shame. Hubby was looking forward to playing golf all day long, but no doubt it would still be me to do the groceries � ����
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

I hope I was not too negative vis a vis the salary!You can live onless than 50,000 baht .Having accomodation payed for is a big bonus .Sorry to hear your a golf widow!There are plenty of courses nearbye and its populer with the expat community.I dont play but have a boat instead which is just as expensive as playing golf!Thailand is a beautiful place away from the cities and you would enjoy it!Just think what the UK is like and reconsider !
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 4:08 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know what your salary is like in the UK but if it is a real international school 100,000 a month should be the absolute minimum.
What did they off if you don't mind me asking ?
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 7:55 am
Just Joined

Don't mind you asking, nortaburi...it was under 100,000 though and that would basically have to support a family of 4. School seemed lovely though..it was VERY hard to turn down.
There's always next year and other schools, hopefully ones from which I get a similarly positive vibe!