Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Phuket to Bangkok flights

Phuket to Bangkok flights

Old Apr 24th 2013, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Phuket to Bangkok flights

I am thinking of a side trip to Bangkok whilst I'm in Phuket in July but have yet to firm the dates. Will I get cheaper tickets if I book now or is there really no difference to buying on the day at Phuket airport?
Old Apr 24th 2013, 7:07 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phuket to Bangkok flights

can't say for sure but book ahead is normally the best thing . If you're flexible about the time ( as in early in the morning or late at night then they are cheaper too.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

wwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud of

It depends on individual airlines, but usually a bit cheaper. In July-September it is the monsoon season in Phuket, so expect some rain showers. However the flight fare is comparatively less expensive than the normal high season from November to March (up to Songkran in April) and it is normally very pleasant with fewer holiday makers. Check AirAsia (http://www.airasia.com/ot/en/home.page) or other domestic airlines for any promotion prices in July. Remember that all low-cost domestic flights have now move to Don Mueng Airport which is easier to travel to the city centre. Enjoy the sea, sand, sun, soda, sex, shopping and somtam in Phuket and BKK!
Old Apr 25th 2013, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

OK, I'll wait until I know for certain whether I am definitely going to BKK. If I'm still undecided then I'll leave it and buy at the time.
I was monitoring the prices for PER-HKT and last week it was around AUD534 but I thought I'd leave it another few days and now it's gone up by another AUD100!
Old Apr 25th 2013, 1:17 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say its pot luck with the weather in July. As Winnit said, it's technically monsoon time but you tend to get 3 or 4 days non stop rain, then 3 or 4 days really nice breezy dry days at this time of year. So fingers crossed. It was the power cuts that used to drive me bonkers there.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

July is a definite for me due to work commitments. I like rain anyway.