Paying overstay fines.

Old Mar 12th 2011, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

mamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Paying overstay fines.

We're having to overstay our 30 day tourist visa by 2 days.... it's the earliest flight back we could get!
We were told it's no problem.... just pay 500 baht per day on departure. The guy at the airport immigration desk told us this when we entered.
Does anybody know if we can pay this buy credit card? Can't find any info relating to credit card payments .
Don't really want to visit another ATM before we leave!
thanks,
Sue.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 4:47 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paying overstay fines.

Originally Posted by mamasue
We're having to overstay our 30 day tourist visa by 2 days.... it's the earliest flight back we could get!
We were told it's no problem.... just pay 500 baht per day on departure. The guy at the airport immigration desk told us this when we entered.
Does anybody know if we can pay this buy credit card? Can't find any info relating to credit card payments .
Don't really want to visit another ATM before we leave!
thanks,
Sue.
I don't know the answer, but when dealing with anyone in Thai authority it's going to be much much easier to just use cash. I'd go to an atm.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 7:27 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

I would second getting cash.

Not sure where exactly you are staying? If it's Phuket, I'd suggest going to Phuket Town to Immigration office and tell them your dilemma. Maybe they can do an extension? Worth a try. Obvious to say I know, but be polite and smile a lot and be apologetic... it works wonders sometimes.

Also, if you're dealing with Phuket Immigration at Phuket Airport, do add up the dates and make sure that they are correct. I was accused of overstaying my visa incorrectly when I departed Thailand last year. The guy couldn't add up the dates correctly
Old Mar 14th 2011, 5:06 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Pay in cash when you leave. They actually give you one day free but you then pay 1000 on the second day which is what you will pay. Just pay at the airport. Should only take five minutes. Not worth doing an extension because it costs 1900 baht so it is cheaper to just pay the fine. Maximum fine of 20,000 baht and or two years in prison. Not that that will happe to you though ! I've known people who have been on a three year overstay who have still just paid the money after a lecture and walked. Just goes to show that there is only one thing that really matters to the authorities ; MONEY !!!
Old Aug 16th 2011, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

db82 is an unknown quantity at this point

I overstayed for 9 days and I paid 4500 BHT at the airport. You have to pay cash.