Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

New Retirement Program in Thailand

New Retirement Program in Thailand

Old Oct 11th 2021, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Retirement Program in Thailand

I was wondering if anyone has information on the different retirement/longstay visa programs available for Thailand and what might be the benefits of the new "Elite Visa" in contrast to these?

I'm considering an option to MM2H in Malaysia.
Old Oct 13th 2021, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

June W is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Retirement Program in Thailand

MM2H has just had a major change in requirements, the minimum monthly income was reset quite (very) high I think (10k USD a month).

The details on the new Thai proposed visa (4 categories) is not yet released yet, there are discussions on conditions circulating in the press and meeting at ministry level to try and get the details thrashed out, still.

For retirees Elite as you probably know has a premium cost but is one of the only long stay options for under 50s who don't fit into any of the other visa categories. If you are over 50, then a "O" or an "O-A" is easy enough (O-A is more paperwork but includes a built in re-entry permit). The actual individual visa details are on all the Thai embassy websites.