Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Moving to Thailand & working remotely question!!

Moving to Thailand & working remotely question!!

Old Aug 2nd 2018, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

ploigos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Thailand & working remotely question!!

Hello

I am in the process of moving to Thailand (Phuket is lovely!) but wanted to check whether it would be possible to continue to work as a consultant for UK or other non-Thailand companies while staying in Thailand? To be clear, i would be planning to work (and earn income) while i am in Thailand, working remotely, using emails/skype meetings/calls.

Specifically, i am looking to check how this will work for tax and any work permit purposes?

To clarify - i would ideally be doing the move via the retirement visa scheme (have already got all my docs and applications ready so i am all good in that respect).

any help would be much appreciated!
Old Aug 6th 2018, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Thailand & working remotely question!!

Originally Posted by ploigos View Post
Hello

I am in the process of moving to Thailand (Phuket is lovely!) but wanted to check whether it would be possible to continue to work as a consultant for UK or other non-Thailand companies while staying in Thailand? To be clear, i would be planning to work (and earn income) while i am in Thailand, working remotely, using emails/skype meetings/calls.

Specifically, i am looking to check how this will work for tax and any work permit purposes?

To clarify - i would ideally be doing the move via the retirement visa scheme (have already got all my docs and applications ready so i am all good in that respect).

any help would be much appreciated!
You may get more response on Thaivisa forum.
Old Aug 7th 2018, 7:28 am
Just Joined

ploigos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016 View Post
You may get more response on Thaivisa forum.
Thank you for that - would you happen to have a link to the Thaivisa forum please as i cannot seem to spot that?
Old Aug 7th 2018, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ploigos View Post
Thank you for that - would you happen to have a link to the Thaivisa forum please as i cannot seem to spot that?
www.thaivisa.com.