Living in Pattaya

Old Apr 1st 2014, 8:48 am
Just Joined

TIMMY10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in Pattaya

Hi, My husband & Myself are wanting to live in Pattaya, coming from the UK.
We are 50years old, can you tell me what health insurance would cost us, as we need private insurance, also we know what rent would cost us, but does anyone know what we would pay for electric, if we rent a studio long term, any comments and advice would be great, on where to live. Thanks
Old Apr 1st 2014, 1:01 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Pattaya

Hello....just to say to the forum. I no longer live in Thailand so cannot help you with up to date info. Hopefully some residents in Thailand will be along to advise you.
Old Apr 9th 2014, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

brownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nice

Hello I live 12k from Pattaya and can give advice based on my time here!Health insurance for 50/60 range should be affordable.At 72 I can no longer afford it so keep my fingers crossed!If you rent an apartment and need air con only at night or occasionally during the day then about 3/4 thousand Baht per month ,water about 500 baht .Do you really want to live IN Pattaya?Its noisy dirty and stays up VERY late!Better you rent an apartment away from the city centre say between Pattaya and Jomtein .
Old Apr 9th 2014, 10:37 am
Just Joined

TIMMY10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brownknees
Hello I live 12k from Pattaya and can give advice based on my time here!Health insurance for 50/60 range should be affordable.At 72 I can no longer afford it so keep my fingers crossed!If you rent an apartment and need air con only at night or occasionally during the day then about 3/4 thousand Baht per month ,water about 500 baht .Do you really want to live IN Pattaya?Its noisy dirty and stays up VERY late!Better you rent an apartment away from the city centre say between Pattaya and Jomtein .
Thanks for reply, yes I agree would look for renting out of the city, at Jomtein, How long have you lived in Thailand, and did you quickly adapt to the weather and culture, ? What would you do if you became ill, with no health insurance, any more advice would be great , Thanks
Old Aug 13th 2014, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Alexjay102 is an unknown quantity at this point

I lived in Thailand with my Thai wife, We now live in UK, we have friends in Pattaya we stay with sometimes, John a Brit & his Thai wife. They had an accident involving a bike & both went to hospital for few days, they are well ok now. He told me he was so glad he took out an insurance, he had been paying every year. covering his wife & daughter.
On him getting to Hospital they asked him for insurance before doing any treatment.
so he give details all ok. The insurance paid the bill no problem.49,00 bht Can't say the name of company he used, no advertising. He had been paying 6,500 Bht for full cover every year.
Old Aug 31st 2014, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

nokz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TIMMY10
Hi, My husband & Myself are wanting to live in Pattaya, coming from the UK.
We are 50years old, can you tell me what health insurance would cost us, as we need private insurance, also we know what rent would cost us, but does anyone know what we would pay for electric, if we rent a studio long term, any comments and advice would be great, on where to live. Thanks
Hi , I live in bang saray 15km from pattaya and love it nice and peacefull also i pay 8900 for me and my wife med cover
5000 electric with pool
400 water