Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Hi all I need to know if I can get the following pain meds in Thailand

Hi all I need to know if I can get the following pain meds in Thailand

Old Aug 12th 2014, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

firefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nice
Default Hi all I need to know if I can get the following pain meds in Thailand

Hi all I need to know if I can get the following pain meds in Thailand.
Its called nucynta 200mg if any one who check the pharmacist it would be a big help for me

Many Thanks

Firefox
Old Aug 14th 2014, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

wwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hi all I need to know if I can get the following pain meds in Thailand

I have checked with the Ministry of Public Health and some pharmacies. Nucynta (Tapentadol) is not available in Thailand, as it is quite a strong opioid pain-killer and prone to abuse among drug addicts. Hope you are not addicted to it now.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

firefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nice
Default Re: Hi all I need to know if I can get the following pain meds in Thailand

Thank you wwinit,

I am tacking this drug for arthritis of the back.

Do you have a list of pain meds that they do have in Thailand

thank you
firefox

Originally Posted by wwinit
I have checked with the Ministry of Public Health and some pharmacies. Nucynta (Tapentadol) is not available in Thailand, as it is quite a strong opioid pain-killer and prone to abuse among drug addicts. Hope you are not addicted to it now.
Old Aug 15th 2014, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

wwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud of

You can search all pain meds from MIMS Thailand (Search Drug Information, Interactions, Images, Dosage & Side Effects | MIMS.com Thailand), but register with the website first. Like the UK, here you can find other opium-like pain-killers, such as codeine, tramadol, etc. Another good thing is you might like to try some alternative medicine like several massage types and acupuncture that would help relieve your joint pain and reduce the use of opioid or non-opioid analgesics. Thailand is claimed to be one of medical hubs in SEA, so why not have a try? Good luck and enjoy your holiday here.
Old Aug 15th 2014, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

carolina212 has a reputation beyond reputecarolina212 has a reputation beyond reputecarolina212 has a reputation beyond reputecarolina212 has a reputation beyond reputecarolina212 has a reputation beyond reputecarolina212 has a reputation beyond reputecarolina212 has a reputation beyond reputecarolina212 has a reputation beyond reputecarolina212 has a reputation beyond reputecarolina212 has a reputation beyond reputecarolina212 has a reputation beyond repute

I’m not too sure about this but I think that it’d be sensible to see a doctor first if there’s need for medication that requires prescription and such

There are some extremely good hospitals in Bangkok that provide very good help – but in any case, perhaps doctor can offer some alternative. Hospitals here are good and while their cost is a bit more expensive compared to other countries, it’s still cheaper than USA and such.

If you decide to see a doctor and go to a hospital, perhaps other people and myself can suggest where to go and where not to go
Old Sep 9th 2014, 6:29 am
Just Joined

danstarr is an unknown quantity at this point

There's also a clinic in Chiang Mai that may be able to assist you, once you've been seen by their doctor.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 4:52 am
Banned

bruisealmighty816 is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps taking a stock of your pain meds before you get to BKK. I do think that if you go for a consultation there, the doctors will be able to give you an substitute medication for that pain med.
Old Dec 21st 2014, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Hi all,

I am off all the pain meds now and I am just having the RFA for the lower back pain the question is can I get the RFA done in Thailand and how much would it cost me

Thanks

Firefox
Old Dec 21st 2014, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

As Thailand is one of medical hubs and provides medical tourism. I think some hospital might provide this procedure - radiofrequency ablation (RFA) for back and neck pain. I am not sure where you plan to stay or sightsee. It might be a good idea to phone up some private hospitals if you have time (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hospitals_in_Thailand). In fact you might find some alternative medicine, such as acupuncture, deep massage, aromatherapy, etc., which is fairly good for relieving pain and quite cheap in the country, esp. Chaophaya Abhaibhubejhr Hospital in Prachinburi Province.