British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Thailand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/thailand-154/)
-   -   Hi all I need to know if I can get the following pain meds in Thailand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/thailand-154/hi-all-i-need-know-if-i-can-get-following-pain-meds-thailand-840733/)

firefox Aug 12th 2014 6:28 am

Hi all I need to know if I can get the following pain meds in Thailand

Hi all I need to know if I can get the following pain meds in Thailand.
Its called nucynta 200mg if any one who check the pharmacist it would be a big help for me

Many Thanks

Firefox

wwinit Aug 14th 2014 3:52 am

Re: Hi all I need to know if I can get the following pain meds in Thailand

I have checked with the Ministry of Public Health and some pharmacies. Nucynta (Tapentadol) is not available in Thailand, as it is quite a strong opioid pain-killer and prone to abuse among drug addicts. Hope you are not addicted to it now.

firefox Aug 14th 2014 9:38 pm

Thank you wwinit,

I am tacking this drug for arthritis of the back.

Do you have a list of pain meds that they do have in Thailand

thank you
firefox

Originally Posted by wwinit (Post 11368474)
I have checked with the Ministry of Public Health and some pharmacies. Nucynta (Tapentadol) is not available in Thailand, as it is quite a strong opioid pain-killer and prone to abuse among drug addicts. Hope you are not addicted to it now.

wwinit Aug 15th 2014 12:58 am

You can search all pain meds from MIMS Thailand (Search Drug Information, Interactions, Images, Dosage &Side Effects | MIMS.com Thailand=), but register with the website first. Like the UK, here you can find other opium-like pain-killers, such as codeine, tramadol, etc. Another good thing is you might like to try some alternative medicine like several massage types and acupuncture that would help relieve your joint pain and reduce the use of opioid or non-opioid analgesics. Thailand is claimed to be one of medical hubs in SEA, so why not have a try? Good luck and enjoy your holiday here.

carolina212 Aug 15th 2014 2:49 am

I’m not too sure about this but I think that it’d be sensible to see a doctor first if there’s need for medication that requires prescription and such

There are some extremely good hospitals in Bangkok that provide very good help – but in any case, perhaps doctor can offer some alternative. Hospitals here are good and while their cost is a bit more expensive compared to other countries, it’s still cheaper than USA and such.

If you decide to see a doctor and go to a hospital, perhaps other people and myself can suggest where to go and where not to go

danstarr Sep 9th 2014 6:29 am

There's also a clinic in Chiang Mai that may be able to assist you, once you've been seen by their doctor.

bruisealmighty816 Oct 29th 2014 4:52 am

Perhaps taking a stock of your pain meds before you get to BKK. I do think that if you go for a consultation there, the doctors will be able to give you an substitute medication for that pain med.

firefox Dec 21st 2014 12:26 am

Hi all,

I am off all the pain meds now and I am just having the RFA for the lower back pain the question is can I get the RFA done in Thailand and how much would it cost me

Thanks

Firefox

wwinit Dec 21st 2014 3:29 pm

As Thailand is one of medical hubs and provides medical tourism. I think some hospital might provide this procedure - radiofrequency ablation (RFA) for back and neck pain. I am not sure where you plan to stay or sightsee. It might be a good idea to phone up some private hospitals if you have time (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hospitals_in_Thailand). In fact you might find some alternative medicine, such as acupuncture, deep massage, aromatherapy, etc., which is fairly good for relieving pain and quite cheap in the country, esp. Chaophaya Abhaibhubejhr Hospital in Prachinburi Province.