Reload this Page >

having babies and working in thailand

having babies and working in thailand

Old Aug 9th 2007, 10:53 am
BMB
Just Joined

BMB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default having babies and working in thailand

My son has just been born and we have been a little overwhelmed by everything.
We have learnt very quickly by making mistakes, please ask if you have any questions about hospitals, doctors, leave from work, costs etc.
I also teach in an international school here in Bangkok, if you have any questions about living here let me know.
My wife and I decided to live here and save a little bit, as the cost of living is very cheap and allows us oportunities that we wouldn't get in say the U.K. or New Zealand.
Hang on baby needs changing
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Isabel&David is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: having babies and working in thailand

Hello....

Hope you and your little family are well.

I was just browsing through the threads to see if there was any info on living and working in Thailand.
I wondered if you had some advise for us. We are currently living in New Zealand, moved here from the UK about 2 years ago.
Me and my husband are finding work very very stressful at the moment and thinking about some time out for 6-8 months. We would have to work but only to pay for food and accomodation. We have been to Phuket and Phi Phi before and absolutely live it there.
Do you know if we have to have a job offer in order to get a work permit?
Also, what is the cost of living? I don't know, is there a big difference between Phuket and Bangkok?
Would be cool to hear back from you ....

Cheers, Izzy
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:27 pm
BMB
Just Joined

BMB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: having babies and working in thailand

Originally Posted by Isabel&David
Hello....

Hope you and your little family are well.

I was just browsing through the threads to see if there was any info on living and working in Thailand.
I wondered if you had some advise for us. We are currently living in New Zealand, moved here from the UK about 2 years ago.
Me and my husband are finding work very very stressful at the moment and thinking about some time out for 6-8 months. We would have to work but only to pay for food and accomodation. We have been to Phuket and Phi Phi before and absolutely live it there.
Do you know if we have to have a job offer in order to get a work permit?
Also, what is the cost of living? I don't know, is there a big difference between Phuket and Bangkok?
Would be cool to hear back from you ....

Cheers, Izzy

Hi, haven't been here for a while hence the late reply, been kinda busy. Anyway know exactly what you mean. I loved being in NZ, had an amazing time but it was very difficult to enjoy life and raise a family. Which is why I am now in Thailand. Been here four years and love it. I am in Bangkok, the outskirts which is actually very nice. We both work but get plenty of time off, have a full time nanny, save way more than we would be able to in the U.K. or NZ and get to take holidays, go wake boarding etc, and enjoy life.
Depending on where you are and what type of job you get will obvioulsy factor into the standard of living. I've always found puket expensive. Right now I am taking home about 100,000. Which was enough to support the family while my wife recovered from giving birth, save, take holidays, etc etc.
There's heaps of language work available here. I love it here, there are issues as there are with any country but for me the good points outweigh the bad.
B