Finance jobs in Bangkok

Old Apr 4th 2014, 5:54 pm
Banned

J4v13Rwantstomoveabroad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finance jobs in Bangkok

Hi all,

I am looking for some advice on moving to Bangkok (2nd option after ME) and finding jobs in finance. If anyone could give some that would be great. Especially in relation to salaries, etc. My background:

- I currently work (10 months experience) for the largest IT/Communications company in the world as Credit Manager (within Credit Risk department in other words). By the time I move I will have over 1.5 years experience working in this company.
- I make £55k a year (plus benefits, including company shares which in the first year totalled c. £40k)
- Previously I have 5.5 years banking experience with two major international banks (3 years and half within Project Finance and 2 more years as a Customer Service Executive).
- Academically speaking I have a Diploma in Business, a Certificate in Project Finance funding, and other credit accreditations and I am currently studying CIMA though I will not be fully qualified within this timeframe, probably will be at end of 1st level (plus certificate level).

Thanks very much!
J
Old Apr 5th 2014, 6:45 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finance jobs in Bangkok

No idea about any of that, but the main thing to consider is, are you worth the money compared to a local who would work for a lot less?

Try contacting some companies in BKK and get in touch with their HR departments.
Old Apr 6th 2014, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

wwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud of

You might like to ask Bangkok Bank in London about any bank jobs in Thailand or other countries. Given your credentials and experience, I suppose your salary in Bangkok would be roughly £2K per month or £24K pa. When taking off the income tax, you will get £1.6K per month. If money is your priority, try the Middle East, e.g. UAE or Qatar, then.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 10:39 am
Just Joined

CMmaggie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there - whatever you do, don't get sucked into a job with any financial advisory company in Bangkok or any other expat destination in Thailand - they're not places for a good guy wanting to further his career in a positive way. However attractive they sound, don't be mislead.