Entry Fee to Thailand?

Old Feb 3rd 2014, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

HannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant future
Default Entry Fee to Thailand?

I will be visiting Thailand soon, I had heard rumors about some places charging entry fees - Thailand being one of them, although I am unsure whether this was in fact, just a rumor, or true, I have been before, but 4 years ago, anyone know if this is nonsense? Friends of mine recently visited Bali and weren't told until they were at the airport that they needed to pay an entry fee, and a fee to leave the country!

Thanks
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 12:40 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Entry Fee to Thailand?

30 days on arrival by air for Brits free of charge. No exit fee either . They stopped that years ago.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

brownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nicebrownknees is just really nice

Exit fee was added to air ticket to simplify the process 500 baht!!!
Old Feb 7th 2014, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

HannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant future

thanks for responses,

I was unaware, (when I was much younger) that although you can stay in Thailand for a month without a visa, if you leave Thailand and re-enter you are then only entitled to 15 days visa free. We weren't informed of this so went to Laos, re-entered Thailand and 'over-stayed' without a visa by 2 days so we were charged at the airport!
Old Feb 7th 2014, 12:47 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

I think (at least it was) that you only get 15 days if travelling into Thailand by land (road or rail). That was the case when we used to drive to Thailand.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 1:17 pm
Banned

RyanD is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a 30 days visa-free period whether you enter by air or by land but you will be fined if you overstay. I think it is 500 baht for each day
Old Feb 7th 2014, 1:43 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Oh has it changed to 30 days? When did that happen? We haven't driven up there for a couple of years so maybe we are out of touch.
Old Feb 8th 2014, 5:32 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was 15 days arriving by land but according to this link if you are from these G7 countries you now get 30.
Difficult to keep track of all the rules and regs because they are always changing. Anyway, FWIW, here's the link :http://tielandtothailand.com/require...tourist-visas/

The fee for overstay is 500 but you get the first day free and then they charge you a 1000 on day 2. Handy if something goes wrong which is not unheard of in Thailand. Although, who knows ? this has probably changed now too !!
Old Feb 9th 2014, 11:27 am

Good detective work Nonthaburi . That looks like an interesting website.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the info! Great work, it is hard to keep track of everything!