Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

English Teacher - Dependent Visa Worries.

English Teacher - Dependent Visa Worries.

Old Sep 24th 2011, 9:39 am
Just Joined

dghjarrett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English Teacher - Dependent Visa Worries.

Hi all,

I am an English teacher (British National) currently applying for jobs in Thailand. I am married to an Italian citizen and I wanted to ask what the VISA rules are for her. If I applied for a job and received an offer of work, I presume she would be allowed to enter the country and live with me as a dependent?

Does this mean she can also look and apply for work on a dependent VISA or not?? If not, how easy is it for her to change her VISA in-country?

Thanks for your help,

Daniel Jarrett
Old Sep 25th 2011, 11:08 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English Teacher - Dependent Visa Worries.

Fairly easy to change visa in country as long as there are so many days left on the visa ( 15 I think ) and all the paperwork is in order.

If she was working she would have to get a working visa which is a Non-B.