Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Death Certificate in Thailand

Death Certificate in Thailand

Old Mar 14th 2014, 12:59 am
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light
Default Death Certificate in Thailand

Has anyone had experienced trying to obtain a death certificate in Thailand?

My ex husband moved out there many years ago and decided to have no contact with me and his two children, who very young at the time. We since moved to Australia.

My daughter was told her father had died out in Thailand 2009 via her uncle . We heard no more until recently, his UK Private Pension scheme have been making inquires via her uncle, but he knows nothing either. They are requesting his death certificate to warrant release.

He was 58 when he died, hence why they have been looking for him. His brother was next of kin on his paper work, we think.

I have already contacted the General Register office in the UK and they can not find any record of him there.

I have no idea where he even lived in Thailand or who with.

Would anyone know where I can go from here?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 11:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Death Certificate in Thailand

Thread is now in the Aus forum and the Thai forum - I know we don't encourage duplicate threads, but this is an unusual one from a long standing BE member, so if anyone can help please do
Old Mar 15th 2014, 5:03 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Found this link for you that gives you an understanding of the general process of what happens when a foreigner dies in Thailand:
http://bangkok.angloinfo.com/informa...e/death-dying/

So I would suggest getting in touch with the embassy in BKK if you haven't done already. Also, try asking the brother for information. Seems like he knew about it so he might know a bit more about what the ex was doing and where he was.
Old Mar 15th 2014, 5:41 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Try looking through at this thread too. It's on another forum, but hopefully this is allowed.
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/...h-certificate/