Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Broadband Internet access in 3/4 star hotels in Bangkok

Broadband Internet access in 3/4 star hotels in Bangkok

Old May 30th 2007, 10:45 am
Just Joined

lifesabeach is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Broadband Internet access in 3/4 star hotels in Bangkok

Does anyone know any relatively cheap hotels in Bangkok which includes unlimited broadband internet access in their rooms?
I am not interested in wireless connection but ethernet/DSL based broadband access so reliability and security is higher.
Ideally the price for the room with such a service would be 2000 baht or less.
Appreciate any names.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 12:28 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadband Internet access in 3/4 star hotels in Bangkok

Originally Posted by lifesabeach
Does anyone know any relatively cheap hotels in Bangkok which includes unlimited broadband internet access in their rooms?
I am not interested in wireless connection but ethernet/DSL based broadband access so reliability and security is higher.
Appreciate any names.
Aye right. The broadband in Thailand is shite. I know i used to have it. TRUE is the main player but the speeds are crap. For under 2000 baht hotel i'm not sure you will get free access to the internet. Why bother anyway. Its cheap as chips to go to an internet cafe. About 30 baht a hour. Some times cheaper sometimes more. But thats the reasonable average price.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Location: San Fernando, La Union, Illocos Sur, Luzon, Philippines
slowsmile is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Broadband Internet access in 3/4 star hotels in Bangkok

Originally Posted by lifesabeach
Appreciate any names.

I really beg to differ on your price estimate above.If you'll forgive me it's way too much.

Herewith are two websites which are very good. They give prices in any currency, full facility descriptions with photos, honest reviews and testimonials and you can book reliably online with a credit card(I've done it...),

http://www.sawadee.com/

http://www.hotelthailand.com/hotels.html

I've used Sawadee twice and booked from UK without a problem.

Awhile ago in Bangkok I stayed in the Royal Asia Lodge. This had a fairly cheap, nice room and they also had broadband internet in the main hall downstairs by reception. Rates are £17.94(1250 TB. Applies from May 1 to Oct 31 2007 ) and £20.27(1750 TB. Applies from Nov 1 2007 to Oct 31 2008). This hotel is near the main drag - Sukhumvit Rd and very near Nana BTS. It is also near very cheap muslim food (currys etc.)!!

Whenever I'm in Bangkok, I usually always stay at the Premier Inn Hotel(£14.92 per night or 1000 TB). This is a good basic hotel with nice aircon rooms and also off Sukhumvit Rd. But it has no internet and no pool etc.. But directly across the road from this hotel is a large flash hotel called The Windsor Suites Hotel(all 30 floors it - check it out above). This is a good four star hotel. So after I've booked myself into The Premier Inn, I go into the Windsor Suites and up to the 14 floor to where their pool is. And I pay £10 for a poolside pass for the week and I can then use all the flash facilities including pool(with bar and food), multi-gym, steam room, sauna and changing rooms with lockers. I recommend it. And you get free towels too. So I sleep cheap, and have the use of high standard pool and facilities when I want to relax, for just £10 a week.

And The Windsor Suites also has internet broadband - but to be honest there are aircon internet cafes round every corner in this area which would be much cheaper. I use the internet alot too, I do business on the internet and I've never had any trouble finding a good cheap Internet Cafe in this area,

Regards,

Bill