Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Barclays pinsentry card reader needed PLEASE HELP! ££

Barclays pinsentry card reader needed PLEASE HELP! ££

Old May 31st 2016, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

McChris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Barclays pinsentry card reader needed PLEASE HELP! ££

Hi guys, I urgently need a Barclays Bank pinsentry card reader so I can access my money. Anyone know where I can buy one or anyone have a spare? Bit stuck so any responses will be greatly appreciated. If anyone can help me out I will obviously sort you out some cash. I'm in and around Bangkok, Pattaya area. Cheers

Last edited by McChris; May 31st 2016 at 9:23 pm.
Old May 31st 2016, 11:53 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barclays pinsentry card reader needed PLEASE HELP! ££

Hello and welcome to the forum

Strangely enough, I am clearing my house for a downsize, and have come across 2 of these devices which belonged to the late Mr bakedbean. You're very welcome to have one of these.

If you're happy to send me your postal address I will post to you.
***NOTE: DO NOT PUT YOUR ADDRESS ON OPEN FORUM ***

If you would like to browse around the forums and do a few more posts. You need 3 posts to access the PM system. Alternatively, I think if you click on my name, there is an option to send me an email via the BE system.

I'll be going to the Pos Office next week, so the timing is good for me.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 5:13 am
Just Joined

Thanks so much
Old Jun 1st 2016, 5:13 am
Just Joined

Yes will try and pm you
Old Jun 1st 2016, 5:20 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by McChris
Hi guys, I urgently need a Barclays Bank pinsentry card reader so I can access my money. Anyone know where I can buy one or anyone have a spare? Bit stuck so any responses will be greatly appreciated. If anyone can help me out I will obviously sort you out some cash. I'm in and around Bangkok, Pattaya area. Cheers
Hi McChris, according to the Barclays website you can log in with your passcode and memorable word. There is also a PINsentry app for mobile phones. Finally the card readers of Barclays, Lloyds TSB, Nationwide, NatWest, Co-operative Bank/Smile and RBS are all intercompatible, just in case you know someone with one of these.

Otherwise, you'll have to wait for bakedbean to send you hers
Old Jun 1st 2016, 9:11 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
Finally the card readers of Barclays, Lloyds TSB, Nationwide, NatWest, Co-operative Bank/Smile and RBS are all intercompatible, just in case you know someone with one of these.
Are they really? What a mine of information you have.

I've often wondered if the HSBC and DBS ones are interchangeable. They are so similar.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 9:16 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Are they really? What a mine of information you have.

I've often wondered if the HSBC and DBS ones are interchangeable. They are so similar.
The HSBC ones are programmed individually so you need one per customer account whereas the Barclay's one is not programmed individually so just needs the customer's credit/debit card to work.