AUD/THB exchange rate

Old Jun 28th 2013, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default AUD/THB exchange rate

Would someone who is in Thailand now kindly quote me the AUD to Thai Baht exchange rate please? The AUD has been losing value (against the USD) for the last few weeks now and I'm in two minds to buy Baht here before i go or wait until I get to Bangkok.
Old Jun 29th 2013, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

wwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud of
Default Re: AUD/THB exchange rate

You can check the exchange rates from the Bangkok Bank webpage - http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBa.../FX_Rates.aspx which is quite reliable. As they do not trade during weekends, the latest data on Friday, 28th June, shows 1 AUD = 28.09 baht (buying) or 29.23 (selling). In general, the exchange rates in any destinations are better than our home country. I would suggest you to carry your bank notes and change some at any Thai Airports. When you come to BKK, try 'Siam Exchange' which is a tiny money shop opposite Siam Discovery or MBK Center. To me, it certainly gives the best rates in BKK or even Thailand.
Old Jun 30th 2013, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

That is better than here so good advice I will wait until I get there. Thanks.
Old Jun 30th 2013, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

Nakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond repute

Best exchange rate you'll get is with Superrich in BKK. Check their website for rates which are better than quoted above. Avoid all airport exchanges, bring AUD notes and change cash at Superrich downtown. We've been doing this for 10 years and consistently have got better rates than anywhere else. So much so that when we bought our car in Thailand it was a cash transaction with money brought over from AUS and exchanged at Superrich.
Old Jun 30th 2013, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

You're right their rates are good. Will definitely head over to them after I've check in.
Old Jun 30th 2013, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

wwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud of

It is very true that the exchange rates at a money shop, such as Superrich (http://www.superrich1965.com/), is normally better than those of a commercial bank. But we need to have a set of standard rates from the bank to compare across various currencies. As you need to pay your taxi fare in Thai baht and survive a day in the city, you certainly have to change some cash, say 1,000 - 2,000 baht, at the airport in Phuket or BKK. Supperich is also great and has many branches in BKK and Khon Kaen. Their rates are nearly the same as Siam Exchange's. I did try before by changing my pound sterling at both shops.
Old Jun 30th 2013, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah I have some THB from a previous holiday so I'm OK until I get there. Gonna be running around the first couple of hours checking in, getting currency and a nano SIM card on DTAC with a data plan!
Old Jul 1st 2013, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

HannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant future

It's around 1 AUD to 28.45. When I went to Thailand though the exchange rate seemed just as competitive, as I needed to convert more currency when I was out there which was very easy to do, no hassle!