Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Arriving Bangkok airport late at night?

Arriving Bangkok airport late at night?

Old Mar 15th 2006, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

pata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant future
Default Arriving Bangkok airport late at night?

Any advice please?
I am stopping for a few days on the way back from Australia.
The plan is to go to Hua Hin.
Flight from Sydney arrives at 1 am and I was wondering what the best thing to do was.
Should I book into a hotel near the airport?
Is there transport available at this time and how safe is it at this time in the morning?
I am travelling with my daughter and teenage son.
Would hotels pick you up in the middle of the night?
Thanks for any advice
Ali
Old Mar 16th 2006, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

John Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arriving Bangkok airport late at night?

Originally Posted by pata
Any advice please?
Flight from Sydney arrives at 1 am and I was wondering what the best thing to do was.
Is there transport available at this time and how safe is it at this time in the morning?
Thanks for any advice
Ali
-
www.sawadee.com
will give you advice,but Hua Hin is 3 hours by road from Airport and unless you have a hotel in advance(?) it may be more than you want to take on, particularly with young.
I remember a few years ago that there was an Amari Hotel which you can reach by simply crossing the road bridge from the terminal;
it might be sensible to take some sleep there and go on in the morning
Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:53 am
Just Joined

Changster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wellington,
-
www.sawadee.com
will give you advice,but Hua Hin is 3 hours by road from Airport and unless you have a hotel in advance(?) it may be more than you want to take on, particularly with young.
I remember a few years ago that there was an Amari Hotel which you can reach by simply crossing the road bridge from the terminal;
it might be sensible to take some sleep there and go on in the morning
Also, just along the expressway is the Rama gardens hotel. I would suggest you stop overnight as advised before. Leave early in the morning and arrive fresh and ready to greet the new day in HuaHin. Enjoy it.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

pata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Changster
Also, just along the expressway is the Rama gardens hotel. I would suggest you stop overnight as advised before. Leave early in the morning and arrive fresh and ready to greet the new day in HuaHin. Enjoy it.
thanks. Is it a problem getting transport at that time in the morning?
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

John Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond repute

thanks. Is it a problem getting transport at that time in the morning?

You don't need transport to cross the bridge!
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 2:26 am
Just Joined

Changster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wellington,
You don't need transport to cross the bridge!
Shouldn't be a problem at all. Taxis are 10 a penny all ove the big mango.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 6:13 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Any advice please?
Thanks for any advice
Ali

As has been said. Best find a hotel near the airport,there is an airport hotel as mentioned befeor its called the Amari.Have a look here.
http://www.amari.com/airport/
Getting to Hua Hin? The hotel may be able to sort something out. Failing that a taxi will probably take you there for about 1000 to 2000 baht. I think.
Or you could book another hotel and i believe they would pick you up if they offer that service. Bangkok is a city that never sleeps.IMHO
Enjoy. I Love this country. Never been to Hua Hin but heard all good reports. Post back here and let us know how you get on. Cheers.