On arrival costs

Old Jul 8th 2013, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default On arrival costs

I have to change planes at Phuket during which time I will need to eat lunch before heading on to Bangkok where I will need to make my own way to the hotel. How much will I need for the lunch and transport?
Old Jul 8th 2013, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

HannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant future
Default Re: On arrival costs

It completely depends on how far you're staying from Bangkok airport. For many cab companies in Thailand you can haggle on prices, or ask them to put it on the meter as this is often the cheapest option. Lunch should not be too expensive, but then it depends on whether you want a big meal or a light lunch, could vary from 150 Baht to 300 Baht. How far are you from the airport?
Old Jul 8th 2013, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute

33 for the lunch and 75 for transport.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hong_konger
33 for the lunch and 75 for transport.
THB?
Old Jul 8th 2013, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

HannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant future

33 Baht is 1 AUD... I Know it is cheap in Thailand but still would recommend having more than that!! Especially if you want to buy drink, snacks and magazine or paper to read as well.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute

If you go for the chicken lunch option I would suggest adding another 10. As to your query regarding currency it all depends where you are coming from. If you are coming from UAE then you are likely to have some Dirhams but you will probably be able to exchange these at the airport or certainly nearby.