British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Thailand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/thailand-154/)
-   -   6 Month Visit to Thailand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/thailand-154/6-month-visit-thailand-897329/)

Dean Stuart May 29th 2017 12:23 pm

6 Month Visit to Thailand

Hi, New to this site. Wanting to stay in Bangkok for 6 months. Friends have told me to rent a hotel first for two or three weeks. Want to rent an apartment for the remaining time. Could someone give me some ideas? I know rather vague but more questions will lead into more questions and hopefully more answers. Thank you in advance,Dean

nonthaburi May 30th 2017 3:31 pm

Re: 6 Month Visit to Thailand

Originally Posted by Dean Stuart (Post 12262191)
Hi, New to this site. Wanting to stay in Bangkok for 6 months. Friends have told me to rent a hotel first for two or three weeks. Want to rent an apartment for the remaining time. Could someone give me some ideas? I know rather vague but more questions will lead into more questions and hopefully more answers. Thank you in advance,Dean

Well firstly Dean, what are you going to be doing there?
What kind of person are you?
What's your budget?
Hobbies, food, fun, etc

It's hard to make a recommendation about anything if no one knows what you're looking for.

Why Bangkok? And why six months?

Thairetired2016 May 31st 2017 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Dean Stuart (Post 12262191)

It is difficult to rent shortterm unless you choose a serviced apt. which can be rented on a monthly basis. The shorter the higher the price. What is your budget? Where in Bangkok do you want to stay? You don't mention the reason for your stay. Beware, if you intend to work you will need a work permit. Have you investigated which visa you wish to apply for? Financial requirements?

peterudonthani Aug 19th 2017 9:35 am

I'm too visiting thailand for 2 months but im renting an apartment. too expensive living in hotel for 2 months.

jakuk Sep 21st 2017 9:05 am

don't know if you are still considering,
we spend a few Months a year in BKK , as other posters have said , areas vary quite a lot , serviced apartments are a great option , the further out of the centres you are prices can drop a fair bit.
getting near to skytrain service should be near the top of your prioriy as bus travel is pretty grim

Joe Vgn Nov 13th 2017 7:43 am

You can try airbnb sometimes it's possible to rent condo for a short period of time !

FabRe Nov 13th 2017 2:28 pm

Hi, it is very hard to rent for 2 months, most of the time it is at least 6 months, good luck

Khao Yai Apr 5th 2018 3:00 pm

I realise this is out of date for the OP but for the benefit of anyone else coming along and reading this thread for info - I really don't understand why people say its hard to find a short term apartment. There's literally hundreds on AirBnB.