Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

1 month accomidation options in Bangkok

1 month accomidation options in Bangkok

Old Apr 8th 2011, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

BKKJames has a reputation beyond reputeBKKJames has a reputation beyond reputeBKKJames has a reputation beyond reputeBKKJames has a reputation beyond reputeBKKJames has a reputation beyond reputeBKKJames has a reputation beyond reputeBKKJames has a reputation beyond reputeBKKJames has a reputation beyond reputeBKKJames has a reputation beyond reputeBKKJames has a reputation beyond reputeBKKJames has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1 month accomidation options in Bangkok

Hey guys!
Im currently studying for 5 months until May 7th in Bangkok. I was looking to just stay for an extra 1 month to see the city etc. Is there any places in Sukhmvit area or any other reasonbly central locations where you can rent for just 1 month. Im on a budget (isn't everyone) but realise that it would be a little pricey for 1month. I currently pay 7000 but would be willing to go up to 10000. Again i just want a plce to stay no where fancy!
thanks alot!
James
Old Apr 9th 2011, 5:22 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 month accomidation options in Bangkok

Originally Posted by BKKJames
Hey guys!
Im currently studying for 5 months until May 7th in Bangkok. I was looking to just stay for an extra 1 month to see the city etc. Is there any places in Sukhmvit area or any other reasonbly central locations where you can rent for just 1 month. Im on a budget (isn't everyone) but realise that it would be a little pricey for 1month. I currently pay 7000 but would be willing to go up to 10000. Again i just want a plce to stay no where fancy!
thanks alot!
James
Are you bothered about where you are on SKMV. I mean it's a very long road. I think you probably could find somewhere but it wouldn't be anything special. Off the top of my head try Racthaparop Mansions on Praturnam near to the Bayoke Tower, they do monthly stays and it's not too pricey . Not on SKMV as such but very close to sois at the lower end of it.

What are you studying in BKK ?
Old Apr 9th 2011, 5:23 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Are you bothered about where you are on SKMV. I mean it's a very long road. I think you probably could find somewhere but it wouldn't be anything special. Off the top of my head try Racthaparop Mansions on Praturnam near to the Bayoke Tower, they do monthly stays and it's not too pricey . Not on SKMV as such but very close to sois at the lower end of it.

What are you studying in BKK ?
Fogot to add, you could always stay more down to Onnut and then get the skytrain in to the centre, or the bus.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

BKKJames has a reputation beyond reputeBKKJames has a reputation beyond reputeBKKJames has a reputation beyond reputeBKKJames has a reputation beyond reputeBKKJames has a reputation beyond reputeBKKJames has a reputation beyond reputeBKKJames has a reputation beyond reputeBKKJames has a reputation beyond reputeBKKJames has a reputation beyond reputeBKKJames has a reputation beyond reputeBKKJames has a reputation beyond repute

Hey! thanks alot great advice Racthaprop mansions looekd great but i think it's minimum 4 month stay. I wasn't overly fussed about where on Sukhm i was staying, I would jsut like an area where i could meet more Farangs, I studied a 6 month business diploma at kasetsart university and i live near there so it would be nice to interact with people who are native speakers. Everybody is finishing the course and returning to their home countries but i have not decided what to do with my life so need another 1 month to help me decide.
thanks again for your response
James
Old Apr 12th 2011, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by BKKJames
Hey! thanks alot great advice Racthaprop mansions looekd great but i think it's minimum 4 month stay. I wasn't overly fussed about where on Sukhm i was staying, I would jsut like an area where i could meet more Farangs, I studied a 6 month business diploma at kasetsart university and i live near there so it would be nice to interact with people who are native speakers. Everybody is finishing the course and returning to their home countries but i have not decided what to do with my life so need another 1 month to help me decide.
thanks again for your response
James
Definitely not a minimum 4 month stay as it is a hotel too. I've stayed there for just a week before no problem.
I reckon you might as well just stay where you are though and just get into town more on the train or bus or whatever. Saves moving just for one month.
It does take time to meet other foriegners in a mainly Thai area though.
I live out in the suburbs in Bang Bua Thong and at first you wouldn't think there are any other foreigners around but after a while of living here I must know loads of foreigners now. It's good when you can get a bot of a social scene going.
nothing against Thais ( I'm married to one and my kids are Thai ) but when it comes to relaxing we enjoy different things. Me: beer and football. Them: food and sleeping