Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Where to teach in Noosa Region?

Where to teach in Noosa Region?

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

dash1579 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to teach in Noosa Region?

Looking to move to Noosa region but need recommendations of good school/area to search for work as primary teacher.
We have two young children which is a major influence on our decision
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:40 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all
Default Re: Where to teach in Noosa Region?

Originally Posted by dash1579
Looking to move to Noosa region but need recommendations of good school/area to search for work as primary teacher.
We have two young children which is a major influence on our decision
What are you asking:
1) Can we recommend a school for you to work in? or
2) Can we recommend a school for your children to go to?

I can't really comment about schools in the Noosa area, but:

If it's "1" - It's not as easy as 'picking a school' to work at in Queensland. Queensland Education operate a 'pool system'. You apply to them, and they 'place' you. In some areas, there people can be placed in 'hard to staff' schools initially. This seems to be the case nearer to brisbane, and usually applies to NQTs etc...

My experience of further north suggest that it is possible for a school to 'request' candidates from the pool if they know them though...

Jobs in Private of Catholic schools operate the same as the UK. They advertise and you apply.

I'd imagine an area like Noosa to have a lot of competition - so be prepared for a fight...