what chances?

Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

shark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant future
Default what chances?

hi
my wife has a degree in psychology
also a quaified counseller with voluntry experience
She has a pgce and two years full time teaching experience in psychology since then at a uk sixth form college.
We are coming over to live on the Gold coast in november on a student visa, cause i,m starting a 2 year course.
What chances are there of my wife getting a job in her field as a teacher in oz, weather it supply or permenant?
as i,m on a student visa she is allowed to work 20 hours a week.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:19 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what chances?

To work as a Teacher in Queensland she would have to register with the Queensland College of Teachers.

Have a look at their website for the registration requirements: http://www.qct.edu.au/
Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what chances?

Originally Posted by shark bait
hi
my wife has a degree in psychology
also a quaified counseller with voluntry experience
She has a pgce and two years full time teaching experience in psychology since then at a uk sixth form college.
We are coming over to live on the Gold coast in november on a student visa, cause i,m starting a 2 year course.
What chances are there of my wife getting a job in her field as a teacher in oz, weather it supply or permenant?
as i,m on a student visa she is allowed to work 20 hours a week.
She may not have thought of this but she could look to see if she could either get training or employment as a school counsellor. She may have to do a unit in assessment but it may be a path worth looking at if she is interested. Most jurisdictions are crying out for school counsellors although you are heading for a very popular part of the country. AFAIK you have to be a permanent resident to get permanent employment with a government agency so that would definitely be a disadvantage.