Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

WA sponsorship for UK teachers?

WA sponsorship for UK teachers?

Old Mar 12th 2009, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

taffy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA sponsorship for UK teachers?

What is your subject? Are you still living in the same area. I don't think nt is the area i am looking to work in as i have a teenage daughter.Thanks for the reply
Old Mar 12th 2009, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

The state of Victoria are still offereing state sponsored visas for secondary teachers depending on the subject you teach. May be worth having a look at which subjects they are currently looking for.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Gordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really nice

Originally Posted by taffy1
What is your subject? Are you still living in the same area. I don't think nt is the area i am looking to work in as i have a teenage daughter.Thanks for the reply
Hi, the NT has teenagers too, as I taught many of them, both male and female. Actually, some of the most out-there and informed students I have aver encountered in the whole of Australia - extremely open-minded and very well-travelled. Very alternative actually. In-fact students from no less than 20 nationalities. Very pleasant, very nice and it is what you make of it.

Maybe the NT is a place you could find out more about???...

Up you yourself of course. Don't always go by rumours you hear, as many of them are from people who have in actual fact never even been there, or merely passed through as a tourist.

Alice Springs is a great place, and it was very good to me and my partner.

Good luck, and I hope you learn about Aboriginal Australia too in your travels, as it is not only white Australia.

The NT is unique and simply not like any other place in Australia.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordo Marshall
Hi, the NT has teenagers too, as I taught many of them, both male and female. Actually, some of the most out-there and informed students I have aver encountered in the whole of Australia - extremely open-minded and very well-travelled. Very alternative actually. In-fact students from no less than 20 nationalities. Very pleasant, very nice and it is what you make of it.

Maybe the NT is a place you could find out more about???...

Up you yourself of course. Don't always go by rumours you hear, as many of them are from people who have in actual fact never even been there, or merely passed through as a tourist.

Alice Springs is a great place, and it was very good to me and my partner.

Good luck, and I hope you learn about Aboriginal Australia too in your travels, as it is not only white Australia.

The NT is unique and simply not like any other place in Australia.
Anyone heard updates on WA sponsorship?
Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:19 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Anyone heard updates on WA sponsorship?
I know of 3 people who are def going in July. That's all I've heard though
Old Mar 15th 2009, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

uklass is on a distinguished road

Gordo,

Please tell me more about your sponsership with the NT. I love Darwin & have spent some time there in the past. It would definately be my preference in choosing somewhere to live. I looked at the NT sponsership last month & they are still sponsering teachers. I was a little bit wary that the job situation would be similar to over here (I'm primary) & jobs are scarce in my area of the uk. If I was unable to find a job in the NT would I be right in assuming that you couldn't do any other kind of work to keep you going until a teaching position was available. Also, after 2 years, would it be easy to complete the process for PR. Apparently you now need $35,000 net assets to take this sponsership so this isn't something I could do without selling my home...just was wary of making a jump without the security of work like the WA programme offers.

For anyone disappointed by the hold on the WA programme I would say take Gordo's suggestion look at the NT. Its an amazing place, beautiful scenery, amazing people, I've always loved my time there.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 9:04 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Uklass, post on the main immigration section as some of the agents who post should have no problem informing you with accurate information. Surprised about the assets, is this on the state website?

Cooler
Old Mar 15th 2009, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gems
Ive been told the scheme will continue in the future.
But no recruitment drive for 2009.
So if you can wait and see what happens.

Otherwise, Secondary is on critical skills list. So permanent visa is given priority. If you have enough points and dont want to wait, apply for your own PR visa.

Gems
Are there any clues as yet to when there will be some movement on the suspended status? Is awful not having a specific time frame, was all ready for jan 2010 now we've got no idea... .
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Anne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really nice

hi everybody....
what about secondary Maths and Science teaching?
I have been in industry and business for a few years now, so don't have recent teaching experience, but have a few years exp after qualifying including subject head.
Do they have a shortage?
What are my chances to go on a 457 in 2010 and apply for residency later?
Anybody else in Maths or Science (Chemistry) field? I taught up to A-level...

thx for any help ;-)
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Anne2Oz
hi everybody....
what about secondary Maths and Science teaching?
I have been in industry and business for a few years now, so don't have recent teaching experience, but have a few years exp after qualifying including subject head.
Do they have a shortage?
What are my chances to go on a 457 in 2010 and apply for residency later?
Anybody else in Maths or Science (Chemistry) field? I taught up to A-level...

thx for any help ;-)
No chance with 457 to WA at present lots of us are awaiting news from the DET
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

A good friend of mine has just emailed me to say think twice about moving to WA next year. Apparently they will have a surplus of 750 teachers. This sounds so conflicting as recently I read that they expected a shortage of teachers by 2010. I know the UK are talking about qualifying teachers within 6 months but the Aussies must be talking about doing it in 6 weeks!!
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Anne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
No chance with 457 to WA at present lots of us are awaiting news from the DET
is this even for Maths teachers? The papers are saying their is a huge shortage?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

No idea but probably not. Everyone wants maths, science, English and ICT teachers!
Old Mar 16th 2009, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by daddyofthree
A good friend of mine has just emailed me to say think twice about moving to WA next year. Apparently they will have a surplus of 750 teachers. This sounds so conflicting as recently I read that they expected a shortage of teachers by 2010. I know the UK are talking about qualifying teachers within 6 months but the Aussies must be talking about doing it in 6 weeks!!
Wonder if there is any truth in it? Would seem odd that 457 scheme has been running for 2 years if there are so many teacher available?
Old Mar 27th 2009, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

taffy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you have to work for exactly 2 years in school before applying for permanent visa and was that full time or are you able to go part time after a year? with the sponsorship on hold time is nearly running out for me as i would be nearing 45,after 2 years of work in oz, even if i went in jan 2011.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.