VIT Registration

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light
Default VIT Registration

Has anyone applied for VIT registration for teaching in Victoria.

I have an (unused) New Zealand registration from a few months back - any idea how long an application might take?

The good news? Assessment of qualification in Oz is much, much cheaper than NZ!

Bezza
Old Aug 12th 2005, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VIT Registration

We have applied, currently waiting for the decision. Only another week and a half to go, they areapparantly coming back after 3 weeks at the moment. The form wasnt too bad and actually told you what documentation you needed to supply after eac question (very helpful) A character reference required and police checks also.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Lisa.x
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

cat22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa
We have applied, currently waiting for the decision. Only another week and a half to go, they areapparantly coming back after 3 weeks at the moment. The form wasnt too bad and actually told you what documentation you needed to supply after eac question (very helpful) A character reference required and police checks also.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Lisa.x
I want to apply for registration too. Can you do it from overseas? Also do you need to to get your degree / pgce qualificaytions assessd into australian equivalents or does the education board do that for you?

Thanks for help
Old Aug 14th 2005, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

WE have done ours from England, mind you we are using a migration agent so i dont know if it actually counts as being lodged from overseas or not as she is based in Adelaide. For our applicaion we had to supply our degreeand pgce transcripts, and testamurs (the degree and pgce certificates) I would imagine that if your course was not run with english language being the main method of delivery you will have to also supply a certificate showing your competence in engllish. The best thing i can suggest is have a look at the form and it tell you everything you need. I have a copy of it as a pdf that i can email you or I guess you could look up VIT online and maybe download it yourself.
Lisa.x

Last edited by Sue; Aug 17th 2005 at 10:38 pm. Reason: Email address removed
Old Aug 17th 2005, 9:12 am
Just Joined

Thank you for that information.

I also wondered, do you get paid the same as an Australian qualified teacher, once your VIT registered?

Thanks
x
Old Aug 17th 2005, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Apparantly so but i have yet to find out how much that is!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 10:26 am
Just Joined

Here you go
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Teacher_salary_rates.pdf (121.7 KB, 215 views)
Old Aug 17th 2005, 10:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cat22
Here you go
http://www.eduweb.vic.gov.au/edulibr...lary_rates.pdf

Or try this
Old Aug 17th 2005, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks.x
Old Aug 17th 2005, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hmm, just been looking at that table and i cant work out where i would be. I have been teaching since 1997 in Primary. Im currently (from September ) on £28,500ish. Can you help me work out what i can expect to be on?
Ta, Lisa.x
Old Aug 17th 2005, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa
Hmm, just been looking at that table and i cant work out where i would be. I have been teaching since 1997 in Primary. Im currently (from September ) on £28,500ish. Can you help me work out what i can expect to be on?
Ta, Lisa.x
Hi
I think the system works that when you a new teacher your paid on the ggraduatepay scale for the 1st 4 years then you move onto the aaccomplishedteachers scale. If you have been teaching 8 years then you should be on accomplished sub division 3 which is currently $54,519 which works out at £22,958! I will only have a few years experience and will lose quite a lot of pay too. But I have been told by relatives in Australia that $50,000 is a good wage in Australia and enough to live on even if you only have one income. I dont know what kind of money you would get in private schools. The supply rate is $204 (£85) a day in state schools. I did read an article on The Age website the other day saying they are having teacher shortages victoria.

This page has definition of a grdgraduatecoaccomplishedd expert claclassroomacher.http://www.eduweb.vic.gov.au/hrweb/c...ach/cteach.htm

x