Unqualified Teachers

Old Oct 13th 2006, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

vandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant future
Default Unqualified Teachers

Hi everyone, just a quick question about teaching and the visa process.

I am going to be working as an 'unqualified teacher' from Februrary until July next year at a middle school. I am then looking at starting my PGCE in primary in Sept 2007. What I am wondering is - can I count the 6 months experience working as an unqualified teacher as part of the 'working for 3 years out of the past 4' when it comes to getting the bonus points for SOL?

I won't be looking to apply for a few years anyway but would this still count towards the 3 out of 4 years work experience for the extra points?
If anyone has any information regarding this I would greatly appreciate it.

Kind regards

Van
Old Oct 15th 2006, 8:37 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unqualified Teachers

Hi Van,

I've spoken to agents about this and you can't use the time before you qualify for the specific work experience.

Apparently you also can't use the work experience you get during your PGCE year whilst you are on placement.

Hope this helps, good luck! ws
Old Oct 18th 2006, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

vandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ws99
Hi Van,

I've spoken to agents about this and you can't use the time before you qualify for the specific work experience.

Apparently you also can't use the work experience you get during your PGCE year whilst you are on placement.

Hope this helps, good luck! ws
Hi ws,

had a feeling this may be the case but wanted some sort of confirmation.

Are you a teacher yourself?

Thanks for the reply

Van
Old Oct 18th 2006, 8:38 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I am. Been teaching for 3 years and wanted to use work experience to make it 4yrs for the extra points but couldn't .
Old Oct 19th 2006, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ws99
Yes I am. Been teaching for 3 years and wanted to use work experience to make it 4yrs for the extra points but couldn't .
What a nightmare !

Are you ok now ws? Hope you have managed to secure enough points to be accepted. Are you hoping to go under the skilled migration visa or a different kind?

Van
Old Oct 19th 2006, 7:22 pm
WS

Van,

Yes going for skilled visa, but being sponsored.

What about you, are you hoping to apply for independent, or state sponsored? Any idea where in Australia you want to go?

PM me if you'd like. ws x

Originally Posted by vandiemen
What a nightmare !

Are you ok now ws? Hope you have managed to secure enough points to be accepted. Are you hoping to go under the skilled migration visa or a different kind?

Van