Teaching English in Spain

Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:03 am
Just Joined

demike is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Teaching English in Spain

Hi!

I've recently been offered a job as a teacher in a English academy in Barcelona. I have some experience teaching EFL in Spain but this time it's a bit different: the academy uses the callan method. I've heard many opinions about the method itself, and it would be quite useful if someone could share their experience working as a teacher there or in some other academy that uses the callan method too.

demike
Old Aug 1st 2012, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Goodfrey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Teaching English in Spain

I have taught EFL in various places and I know that many schools either don't really have a clear objective or have some kind of 'method' that in practice is rather woolly and leaves a lot to the individual teacher who may or may not be capable of filling the gaps.

Callan on the other hand is a method that has been designed for each part to fit together and work as a whole. The teachers have to answer grammatical questions of course, but no-one is left in any doubt as to what the Method is and what it isn't. As a teacher, everything is quite clear: you are never left to figure out what you are supposed to do.

Hope it helps!
Old Aug 21st 2012, 7:01 pm
Account Closed

justjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nicejustjo76 is just really nice
Default Re: Teaching English in Spain

I came across this today. not sure if it is of any use . http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...-English.html#

Looks grim and it might have made me re think ..... uurrghhh