Three year degree

Old Jan 6th 2017, 10:47 am
Just Joined

cosgrot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Three year degree

Hi
I was wondering if anyone can give me any information. I am an early years teacher and looking to move to Aus (Gold Coast).

I have been told that my 3 year degree (BA Hons Early Years Education with QTS) probably wont meet the criteria for moving.

I am looking to see if anyone else has had the same problem and what they did to resolve. If I was to do another year post grad certificate in a relevant subject would this enough or would I have to do a PGCE. I am not sure if I would be able to do a PGCE as I am already a qualified teacher??

thank you for any help
Tracy
Old Mar 29th 2017, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

JessieKay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Three year degree

Hi Tracy,

I called an agency and asked about this myself. Even though you could teach there with the degree, the visa requires you to have a PGCE. This covers the 'Pre primary teaching' which is on the sol. You have to have experience with 3-8 year olds.
Hope this helps!
Originally Posted by cosgrot
Hi
I was wondering if anyone can give me any information. I am an early years teacher and looking to move to Aus (Gold Coast).

I have been told that my 3 year degree (BA Hons Early Years Education with QTS) probably wont meet the criteria for moving.

I am looking to see if anyone else has had the same problem and what they did to resolve. If I was to do another year post grad certificate in a relevant subject would this enough or would I have to do a PGCE. I am not sure if I would be able to do a PGCE as I am already a qualified teacher??

thank you for any help
Tracy