Teaching in NZ

Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

mazz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Teaching in NZ

Hi, I was wondering if anyone is teaching or thinking about teaching in NZ as a primary school teacher. I am very interested but not sure what to do or who to contact. I have been on the TeachNZ website and noticed that there is a meeting this month in various parts of the country. Does anyone know if it is a good idea to go and talk to them?

Mazz
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teaching in NZ

Hello,
we considered it, but primary jobs seamed thin on the ground. However I have heard recently that they are making class sizes smaller so may have a shortage again.

Also when we looked most jobs seamed to be in the city, mainly Auckland. T

Anyway for thought better opportunities in Australia. So we came to WA.

If you are def interested in NZ, yes go and see them. It wont hurt, and they may give you information that will help get you that first job.

Good Luck

GEMS
Old Oct 12th 2007, 6:37 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Teaching in NZ

They will also be able to give you accurate info about the registration process, getting your quals recognised, finding a job etc.

Job adverts are online at Edgazette to give you some indication. There is an agency called Oasis who recruit teachers from o/seas that you could try?