Teaching in the Caribbean

Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:19 am
Just Joined

Juno Ramirez is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Teaching in the Caribbean

Hi there

I am about to start a PGCE and want to teach over here (London) for a few years and then relocate to the Caribbean. Im thinking about Cayman and Barbados although Barbados is probably easier because I am eligible for CARICOM status as my parents are Jamaican. Does anyone know anything about teaching over there, primary schools, pay etc...
Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:27 pm
Just Luvin it!!!

PuRe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Teaching in the Caribbean

I hear it is quiet hard and the pay is not that good, working in the Cayman wont be a problem just that its very expensive and you will probably have shared accommodation. Neither will supply accommodation..

Try posing the question on TES I know of a few teachers who are moving out to Caymans to work in primary they would have a clearer picture.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 1:12 am
Just Joined

Juno Ramirez is an unknown quantity at this point

But is any Caribbean country expensive compared to London?!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 4:29 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tes.co.uk/section/staffro...rch=&mode=live